Our valued sponsor

Digital nomad options with possibility to get tax residency

finbro

Mar 28, 2023
Helsinki
Visit site
I'm Finish citizen and tax residence, doing a freelance software development. Earning about 180-200K early form a US customer who is paying me through deel.
I'm looking for an options to lose Finland tax residency. I've heard about digital nomad visas, but they seem not to provide me a tax residency. I'm looking for some warm place to relocate and get a better personal tax rate. Any recommendations?

Since you are in Finland, pretty much anywhere you move will be warmer and have a better personal tax rate ;)

Some options in Europe: Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy with the 70/90 exemption regime.

In Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia you have plenty of options too.

Since you are in Finland, pretty much anywhere you move will be warmer and have a better personal tax rate ;)

Some options in Europe: Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy with the 70/90 exemption regime.

In Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia you have plenty of options too.
There is quite a bit to choose from, it all depends on personal preference.

Middle East
Caribbean
Asia
Thanks, asian options seems to be the most interesting, but only i've found were Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia digital nomad visas, that will not make me a tax resident there, only local employment

Thanks, asian options seems to be the most interesting, but only i've found were Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia digital nomad visas, that will not make me a tax resident there, only local employment
Moi,

For Thailand you can buy "sponsored workpermit" for around 5 000-10 000€/year. if I remember right, Iglu.net founders are finnish. Other options shelter, unionspace etc... Elite visa might be option as well, but then you cannot work "legally".

First of all, Czech Republic is NOT a low tax jurisdiction, at least not for the amount of money you cited, check for yourself.
In my mind, the question is "where will you live?"
I doubt you want to spend your best years in Clejani, Romania or in Kuala Nerang, Indonesia. So let's say you set up your company in whatever remote place with 0% tax and when the Spanish Hacienda busts you having lived in Tenerife for 5 years (or the Italian Agenzia delle Entrate after 5 years in Como), you have a large problem.

The Baltic countries have very reasonable tax rates and double taxation agreements with Spain. When Hacienda busts you in Tenerife, you will have made most of the money disappear and only be liable for some fine for not reporting, it's not criminal and you just give Spain the finger and go back to Finland

Last edited:

Latest Threads