Our valued sponsor

Dissappointment from Bankera

boom123psy

Jan 16, 2021
Visit site
I just want to express my disappointment towards Bankera fee policy. I was trying to open a bank account for a full legitimate Cypriot company, with clients contracts, VAT and all the relevant documentation.
They have asked to pay 450EUR fee in order to review the application because they classify the company as high risk. The company provides IT services for EU clients...how is this a high risk company?

Also their fees are 50eur mponthly and 0,04% commission on outwards SEPA tranfers.

It is rather sad, that in an effort to move out of the traditional banking systems we are faced by policies as such...

thank you for listening :)

it's called capitalism... very interesting construct indeed

luckily you can ask them to change their fee structure, use another service, start your own EMI or become a politician and change the disgusting regulatory environment of the financial system that got us here

I understand you all would like to get banking for free, but this is not how the world works. You totally forget about the expenses for human resources, IT, lawyers, customer support, and similar. If you think they will get rich out of your 450 EUR, you must be clueless!

It makes me laugh when people come to complain about how high the application fees are. Have you looked around in the market? You must be mad if you think Bankera has high pricing!

If you want to get free banking, go to Wise and stop complaining. It's ridiculous!

I understand you all would like to get banking for free, but this is not how the world works. You totally forget about the expenses for human resources, IT, lawyers, customer support, and similar. If you think they will get rich out of your 450 EUR, you must be clueless!

It makes me laugh when people come to complain about how high the application fees are. Have you looked around in the market? You must be mad if you think Bankera has high pricing!

If you want to get free banking, go to Wise and stop complaining. It's ridiculous!
I don't really understand your attitude amigo, yes I came here to express my disappointment...what's your issue with that? I will assume that you are a having a bad day and I wont bite into your rude way of answering.

I already have a bank account in wise and in mister tango with zero monthly fees and did not pay the 450EUR fee. I can get a bank account in Cyprus with a fraction of the costs that Bankera asks but I opted out for the EMI because as they advertise they do not complicated things...

My complain is that they classify a full legitimate company as high risk thus the high fees. Their normal business plan is as the rest of the EMIs 5 eur per month and no transaction percentage fee.

Cheers and relax

I don't really understand your attitude amigo, yes I came here to express my disappointment...what's your issue with that? I will assume that you are a having a bad day and I wont bite into your rude way of answering.

sorry for my attitude, didn't mean to express any anger. It's just crazy to see people coming to complain about the fees. Did they force you to use their services? It's like coming to Porche dealer and start complaining about why the prices are higher than Volkswagen. I just don't get that.

I already have a bank account in wise and in mister tango with zero monthly fees and did not pay the 450EUR fee. I can get a bank account in Cyprus with a fraction of the costs that Bankera asks but I opted out for the EMI because as they advertise they do not complicated things...

So why are you looking for more? You have 2 accounts with 0 fees and you also have the ability to open an account in Cyprus bank. Why do you need more? You won't get anything cheaper than free.

My complain is that they classify a full legitimate company as high risk thus the high fees.

Usually, they put accounts to categories only after the onboarding, because only then they can assume how much risk you will bring to the financial institution. Even if you have an e-commerce business, this is one of the ways how people launder their money. I am just saying...

We have a couple of threads for Bankera:

I don't think we need a new one every time someone gets an application rejected.

We have a couple of threads for Bankera:

I don't think we need a new one every time someone gets an application rejected.
who got rejected?

I have to respectfully disagree. As a well travelled individual I understand many banks/countries have their own policies and business plans and many do include fees however I have to say I have had free banking in many many countries around the world for free my entire life. These "fee free" banks make their money by using your funds for loans, investments etc and they still make a killing. That 450 EUR IMO does nothing but to turn away customers like myself. A good bank can make much more by simply holding my savings.