Our valued sponsor

DMCC and UAE

1) And they do not check if it's rented out?
What if they ask you for the utility bill and it's in another name (tenen'ts name) ?

2) Still, it's a great deal if you want to move to UAE...
Maybe be also good for retirement...
Would like to know who are the people that actually live there... (never been to RAK myself)

1) I don't know, since I've not done it, But there are people who do this with their vacation/short-term rentals, so obviously everything is in your name.

2) I rented a small place in Al Hamra, which is sitting empty. It's not the best of places to live in my opinion. And at least the apartment buildings are not that great quality. Then there is very little there. There is a mall at the back and a few shops, restaurants at the front. It's about 90 minutes on the bus to Dubai.

Reactions: Notsofast
Yes, will work for short time rentals (since in this case bills are in owner's name)...
You know of any good agencies that do these kind of work (short term rental property management)...

So, very few people are actually living there?

1) I don't know, since I've not done it, But there are people who do this with their vacation/short-term rentals, so obviously everything is in your name.

2) I rented a small place in Al Hamra, which is sitting empty. It's not the best of places to live in my opinion. And at least the apartment buildings are not that great quality. Then there is very little there. There is a mall at the back and a few shops, restaurants at the front. It's about 90 minutes on the bus to Dubai.
Are you planning to live in Dubai majority of the year or just visit every 180 days? Did you also become tax non-resident in your previous country (cutting off ties...etc)?

Yes, will work for short time rentals (since in this case bills are in owner's name)...
You know of any good agencies that do these kind of work (short term rental property management)...

So, very few people are actually living there?

I have only read the details of the Dubai short-term rental managers. There is one called Deluxe Holiday Homes that looked good, but their rating on Booking.com is only 7.1.

I don't know so much about Dubai, but i stayed in Al Hamra for a bit, in the Royal Breeze buildings. It seemed to me that many of these were empty. I guess that many are used as vacation apartments or rentals, but I see few on AirBnB. At night there aren't many lights on in them. I could also see a number of balconies (from my balcony) were heavily covered in bird excrement, which is a problem there.

If anyone is thinking of buying in Al Hamra Vllage I would rent there for one month before you decide if it is a good idea.

Are you planning to live in Dubai majority of the year or just visit every 180 days? Did you also become tax non-resident in your previous country (cutting off ties...etc)?

I have no ties to my home country (UK). No medical or dental arrangements, no bank accounts, no property, no bills. I am worried about going back, due to possible harassment. But I don't plan to go back any time soon or ever. I'd only go back to live on The Channel Islands.

I have no plan to live in Dubai or UAE. But it's always possible. So it will be - spend 2-4 weeks there per year. The plan would be to book out the property that is managed for vacation rentals whenever that is, probably January & July.

I am thinking to settle in Russia or Ukraine. I feel more at home in Ukraine, but in Russia the chances of my children being induced into LGBT ideology and everything else they are pushing is zero.

It's not a bad life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notsofast
DMCC have sent out an email:
UAE National Day offer: save 50% on a new licence
To celebrate 50 years of the UAE, we’re offering:​
Set up a new company* and get a huge 50% off on your licence fee
Apply for an additional licence**, and get a 50% discount on the licence fee

Offer is valid only until 16th December 2021. Exclusive to existing member companies.

It says it is for existing members, but maybe they can be bent. Email: setup[ат]dmcc.ae.

Reactions: khinkali

Latest Threads