Our valued sponsor

Do Offshore Banks Provide Credit Cards?

I have been looking for something like that but no bank I have found so far is allowing me to get a credit card without deposit, most want 2 - 6 times the credit line in deposit because of the risk to lose the money!
You really think that you will find such a offshore bank that will do this? They must be stupid or not qualify to be a responsible financial service :D You can ask your local bank if they can issue a Visa credit card to you without deposits, they will make a credit check and if you pass they will be fine otherwise your application get declined!

You can certainly get an unsecured credit card with some offshore banks. I have unsecured cards with several Hong Kong banks. All I was asked was to provide was a proof of income. Obviously, I also have current accounts with each of those banks.

If you are only looking at the frontier markets (Mauritius, Latvia etc) then things will be more complicated and you will likely need to leave a security deposit.

Reactions: clemens
None of the banks in Cyprus, Mauritius, Belize or Bermuda require a personal visit to open an account with them. You can't get a credit card without to deposit some money but you can get a Visa or Mastercard debit card which can be used the same way just without credit line!

I have yet to see a offshore bank that does not offer a debit or credit card to their customers!!
I agree more or less. There are a few banks that won't offer their foreign customers a debit / credit card but most will.