Our valued sponsor

do you expect any new prepaid card provider will launch soon ?

Has there been any update to all of this, I mean have we seen new EMI providers around since the first post of this thread ?
New EMIs are appearing. The card situation is the same I believe and I wouldn't expect it to change dramatically.

If you want to be an issuer or prepaid crypto cards, you need to deal either with VISA or Mastercard.

It is an oligopoly, maybe just some Chinese card issuer would also be possible. VISA doesn't want to deal with these things, Mastercard likes new business but doesn't like strange transactions of new EMIs.

So if there is some bank or EMI offering prepaid crypto card without strict limits and KYC, it is currently in a gray area. For example it offers the product only to its top clients and it is not a retail product.

The European Union limited normal prepaid cards last year very much so it is nearly impossible to get an anonymous card, let alone a card connected to crypto.

If some EMI relaunches their cards, I wouldn't be surprised if the same scenario repeats - runs for a month or two and then gets suspensed by Mastercard.

Latest Threads