Our valued sponsor

Do you know some persons that got in tax trouble ?

that’s how everything ends, whatever you do. We all are slaves of the legal system.
That's how it is.... only the 1% ultra rich and powerful people survive in this game! dev56"""

Reactions: jafo
Yeah, just to take two famous cases, Shakira and Boris Becker. Said she lived in Bahamas but spent most time in Spain, and said he lived in Monaco, but spent most time in Germany.
This shows how greedy and pathetic these countries are becoming... and then they wonder why the ultra rich and smart entrepreneurs move to Tax friendly countries... lol, it's their fault.
Treat your citizens like s**t, and expect that nothing happens?. If everyone had a location indipendent job, everyone would move out of Spain, Germany, Denmark, Canada, etc.. in a blink of an eye.
to avoid paying those insane Tax rates.

I expect a citizenship based universal taxation across the EU/AUS/USA/CA within the next 10-20 years. Governments require more and more money to funds their politician trips. The streets have holes and the medical system is crap, meanwhile we pay 55%+ in tax. An Absolute joke..

The maximum I'm willing to pay in tax to any country is 9-15% after all deductions , more than that, go f**k yourself country X.

No freeze. Just calculated huge amount of taxes which I had to fight in courts for 3 years.
But I know people who had their assets frozen. Similar situation. I was "cooperative" and responsive so they didn't freeze the permisioned 'wealth' recorded in my name.
-> updated it for you.

It's not your wealth for it can be frozen.

Truer words have NEVER been uttered! ;)

PS. Of course, if you are Putin and sitting on 7000 warheads at your fingertips, there isn't a taxman willing to try their luck! rof/%

I know a person with a B permit who got stuck in Asia during COVID and the Swiss canceled his B permit. So, you have a C-permit then?
Can't you deregister? Or is there a reason why you maintain the residence there? Forfait maybe?:rolleyes:
No, you have to pay a specific wealth tax for a specific reason...

Can't get out of it unless i undo the specific reason, and i like the specific reason, so pay.

I expect a citizenship based universal taxation across the EU/AUS/USA/CA within the next 10-20 years. Governments require more and more money to funds their politician trips. The streets have holes and the medical system is crap, meanwhile we pay 55%+ in tax. An Absolute joke..
This is why you get the wife pregant, get the kids lined up, get them their citizenship (West) and buy them a tax haven citizenship.

Moment the West does that, you drop your citizenship, and live in the tax haven citizenship.

You give the kids the choice at the time they are due to begin inheriting debt enslavement for populist politics, or floating citizen with ability to set their own destiny and their own tax.

You - each - western citizen is a important commodity in the game of debt debasement demographics, you can choose to play or walk.

Though to be honest, i can't see it, for example i left my country around the ECB debt crisis.

If i return or not i am not entitled to a state pension, medical care, social security/support, etc, i can't even vote...

There's something like 3m of people like me dotted around the world from my citizenship country.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo and Cavaliere
-> updated it for you.

Can't get out of it unless i undo the specific reason, and i like the specific reason, so pay.

This is why you get the wife pregant, get the kids lined up, get them their citizenship (West) and buy them a tax haven citizenship.

Moment the West does that, you drop your citizenship, and live in the tax haven citizenship.

You give the kids the choice at the time they are due to begin inheriting debt enslavement for populist politics, or floating citizen with ability to set their own destiny and their own tax.

You - each - western citizen is a important commodity in the game of debt debasement demographics, you can choose to play or walk.

Though to be honest, i can't see it, for example i left my country around the ECB debt crisis.

If i return or not i am not entitled to a state pension, medical care, social security/support, etc, i can't even vote...

There's something like 3m of people like me dotted around the world from my citizenship country.
Most of the people in this forum already have a Western citizenship. Nowdays it's better to have kids in Latamerica and get the BRICS citizenships instead, in case the West goes crazy with citizenship based taxation.

Most of the people in this forum already have a Western citizenship. Nowdays it's better to have kids in Latamerica and get the BRICS citizenships instead, in case the West goes crazy with citizenship based taxation.
Non-western citizenship, yes that's good to have. A BRICS country, well, not really except Brazil:

-China, doesn't allow dual citizenship, treats citizens like serfs, and considers all chinese even those living abroad under their control. Has set up "police stations" around the world and threatened chinese nationals living abroad if they dont act like the chinese government likes. More likely than the West to go crazy with citizenship based taxation.

-India, doesn't allow dual citizenship, not as authoritarian as China, but very difficult bureaucracy and comes up with new crazy taxes and regulations all the time, like recently they imposed 20% tax on remittances sent from India abroad. Might very well start milking Indians abroad.

-South Africa, does allow dual citizenship, but is a disastrously mismanaged country with high taxes. Have a friend who has dual EU / South African citizenship, and is resigning his South African one for fear of citizenship based taxation.

-Russia, think dual citizenship is possible but as a Russian citizen you are under the thumb of a mafia state who can send you to war, and you are subject to sanctions impacting bank account opening or buying a Caribbean passport and lots of other stuff. Also Russia makes it difficult to renounce citizenship.

-Brazil, ok they got a crazy lefty president at the moment, but it is a decent passport to have. Not likely to impose citizenship based taxation, but they do make it difficult for Brazilians to escape the tax net, by requiring a declaration of departure when leaving and another one a year later with documentation and stuff.

Reactions: Marshal
-> updated it for you.

What country is this? Cant you just go back there, register and get the "free" healthcare etc. or other benefits?
State pension might imply mandatory payments absent these you will get a penality down the line.

I toast to this! thu&¤#

The US has citizenship-based taxation and it's not that bad if you think about it, and it also includes an exclusion of around $100K.
I know a LOT of Americans with dual citizenship who pay NO attention to this. They just don't bring ANY heat to themselves and if asked, just say they studied in Canada.

My accountant forgot to declare a roof restructuring on one of our properties that was subject to a 3000 € tax deduction. Got Audited, didn‘t get fined, they simply declared and settled the case for me.
One year later I forgot to declare a medical expense that was subject to 30 pence Coverage from the state: yes 30 f*****g Pennies.
got fined 100 € for the mistake and they audited me every year during the subsequent 5.

I know people who got away with larger sums and others who got audited and fined for 2 - 10 or 100 euros mismatched or undeclared
(this in Italy)

so sometimes is a game of chance. Depending on how organised is the tax agency and how eloquent (perhaps ?) you are in dealing with them.

Reactions: Juleski70
Can report from Germany. Basically did everything according to the books. Did not hide anything but still got kind of fucked. It is still ongoing. But basically what happend:

- moved to Swiss
- Accountant made a kind of "aggresive decleration" (although the years before, it got through).
- Accountant also provided the income that was generated in Swiss (from trading). I think that was not necessary, because it should not be taxed in Germany.
- Tax authorities looked at the income after I moved to Swiss and wanted to tax it.
- Now the f**k up begins. I asked the Accountant to not do anything more, because it was obvious a mistake of him. Especially since I aksed if something like that can happen, with the "extra" data and he said no.
- Still this guy did send a prepared objection to the tax authoreties. Although I asked him to not to anything. But he did it to try to collect fees from me (it is a lot of money )
- So in the end changed the accountant. He said that the other guy tried to just collect fees and he is sure everything will be fine.
- Now months later, the thing is still pending, the authoreties kind of moved it to a special "quality" deparment where they check it

So to be honest it is not that much about money (although it is a lot), but rather it is a huge trouble. Because you kind of don't know what to expect. Lawyers and accountans cost a lot, and especially if the stakes are high.
They of course try to play the game and extract as much money as possible. On the other hand the tax authoreties are extremly slow and if the stakes are high for them, they seem to take a very detailed look...
So not sure how it ends. I did everything 100% legal and did not hide anything. But it kind of feels like the people who would have left the country, and just didn't declare anything would be far better off. No tax trouble.

Non-western citizenship, yes that's good to have. A BRICS country, well, not really except Brazil:

-China, doesn't allow dual citizenship, treats citizens like serfs, and considers all chinese even those living abroad under their control. Has set up "police stations" around the world and threatened chinese nationals living abroad if they dont act like the chinese government likes. More likely than the West to go crazy with citizenship based taxation.

-India, doesn't allow dual citizenship, not as authoritarian as China, but very difficult bureaucracy and comes up with new crazy taxes and regulations all the time, like recently they imposed 20% tax on remittances sent from India abroad. Might very well start milking Indians abroad.

-South Africa, does allow dual citizenship, but is a disastrously mismanaged country with high taxes. Have a friend who has dual EU / South African citizenship, and is resigning his South African one for fear of citizenship based taxation.

-Russia, think dual citizenship is possible but as a Russian citizen you are under the thumb of a mafia state who can send you to war, and you are subject to sanctions impacting bank account opening or buying a Caribbean passport and lots of other stuff. Also Russia makes it difficult to renounce citizenship.

-Brazil, ok they got a crazy lefty president at the moment, but it is a decent passport to have. Not likely to impose citizenship based taxation, but they do make it difficult for Brazilians to escape the tax net, by requiring a declaration of departure when leaving and another one a year later with documentation and stuff.

All this countries 'dont allow dual citizenship'.

yeah man just dont tell them? wtf

• Haha
Reactions: Juleski70 and jafo
“Not allowing” can mean just ignoring the second citizenship or revoking the original one, usually depending on what is more convenient to them.
That’s genius :p
However, sometimes information can leak.

• Haha
Reactions: JackAlabama

Agree with the sentiment. Ive had citizenships in countries that didnt allow dual citizenship, didnt tell them, had no problems, and now all of them changed the rules to allow dual / multiple citizenships.

But here we are talking about getting an additional passport of a BRICS country. China is quite strict about this, if it's even possible to get a Chinese passport for a non-Chinase person. I heard a case where a guy with dual citizenships (neither of which was Chinese) was arrested in China because of it, they said it looked suspicious that he had no stamps in the passport used to enter China.

And India might make sure you have renounced any other citizenships before getting Indian citizenship. And they will know about at least one other citizenship.

Can report from Germany. Basically did everything according to the books. Did not hide anything but still got kind of fucked. It is still ongoing. But basically what happend:

- moved to Swiss
- Accountant made a kind of "aggresive decleration" (although the years before, it got through).
- Accountant also provided the income that was generated in Swiss (from trading). I think that was not necessary, because it should not be taxed in Germany.
- Tax authorities looked at the income after I moved to Swiss and wanted to tax it.
- Now the f**k up begins. I asked the Accountant to not do anything more, because it was obvious a mistake of him. Especially since I aksed if something like that can happen, with the "extra" data and he said no.
- Still this guy did send a prepared objection to the tax authoreties. Although I asked him to not to anything. But he did it to try to collect fees from me (it is a lot of money )
- So in the end changed the accountant. He said that the other guy tried to just collect fees and he is sure everything will be fine.
- Now months later, the thing is still pending, the authoreties kind of moved it to a special "quality" deparment where they check it

So to be honest it is not that much about money (although it is a lot), but rather it is a huge trouble. Because you kind of don't know what to expect. Lawyers and accountans cost a lot, and especially if the stakes are high.
They of course try to play the game and extract as much money as possible. On the other hand the tax authoreties are extremly slow and if the stakes are high for them, they seem to take a very detailed look...
So not sure how it ends. I did everything 100% legal and did not hide anything. But it kind of feels like the people who would have left the country, and just didn't declare anything would be far better off. No tax trouble.

Didn’t understand everything here.
You moved to Swiss, and your accountant from Germany got you in trouble with German taxmen? Why’d he declares your Swiss income to Germany if you are not German fiscal resident anymore ?

Anyway I hope you’ll get it sorted and that it will end fine

You moved to Swiss, and your accountant from Germany got you in trouble with German taxmen? Why’d he declares your Swiss income to Germany if you are not German fiscal resident anymore ?
Exactly. He kind of argued that it is needed because of "Progressionsvorbehaltes", so that the tax authoreties adjust the tax rate based on the total income in that year.
But I guess the accountant wanted first to be 100% safe and also would profit from any possible complication.

Since the income was from trading, you could in theory argue, that the income can be taxed in Germany because it is not directly connected to Swiss.
Actually I have no idea what the taxman wants to check. It just got somehow to a special treatment, and now nobody knows what to expect.

Anyway I hope you’ll get it sorted and that it will end fine
Thanks!

To be honest I don't even have a moral of the story. Guess only one, that if the stakes are high, everyone wants a piece of the pie...

Exactly. He kind of argued that it is needed because of "Progressionsvorbehaltes", so that the tax authoreties adjust the tax rate based on the total income in that year.
But I guess the accountant wanted first to be 100% safe and also would profit from any possible complication.

Since the income was from trading, you could in theory argue, that the income can be taxed in Germany because it is not directly connected to Swiss.
Actually I have no idea what the taxman wants to check. It just got somehow to a special treatment, and now nobody knows what to expect.

Thanks!

To be honest I don't even have a moral of the story. Guess only one, that if the stakes are high, everyone wants a piece of the pie...

I missed something, why do you still have a German accountant if you moved to Swiss ? I guess you closed ur company in Germany nop?

Thanks for the feedback though, interesting story .. let us know of the outcome when you have. Hope will be positive.

The most horrible thing in those types of situations is the fact that you don’t know what will happen.. those months without knowing what they will say, what they will decide to do.. i’d rather prefer receiving instant punishment and pay the fine and avoid months of worrying.. don’t fall in that mental trap. Useless and destructive