Our valued sponsor

Do you know some persons that got in tax trouble ?

But it kind of feels like the people who would have left the country, and just didn't declare anything would be far better off. No tax trouble.
100% agree with this! Out of sight, out of mind!

Dozens who picked up and left from several EU countries & the USA, never to return, were never bothered. Those who did it by the book and wanted to be transparent and honest got royally f*cked by the taxman.

This reminds me of the famous quote by Niccolò Machiavelli:
“Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.” :cool:

China is quite strict about this, if it's even possible to get a Chinese passport for a non-Chinase person.
Let me chime in here.... most things we hear from China are completely false and what China writes down on paper and what they do in real life is, sometimes, the complete opposite.

I keep track of these "discrepancies" in an open-source database environment.

Let's get to the nitty-gritty, shall we?

Disclaimer: China has a special place in my heart as I've been able to profit tremendously in the last +30 years from the world's largest manufacturing hub...BUT...

1. In theory, China does NOT allow dual citizenship. In practice, it does 100%. It will even promote it if China can profit from it. ;)
  2. I have recorded hundreds of such cases, but here are just a few:
  3. Elkeson says ‘I still have to help Chinese football’ after signing for Brazilian side Gremio. Naturalised star forward hopes to keep representing China’s national team after 10-season stint in Chinese Super League. Former Guangzhou star sets sights on 2023 Asian Cup glory, saying ‘the Chinese fans like me very much … so I want to help the team win the championship’
  4. China’s awkward embrace of naturalised football players.
  5. etc etc
The point is, if you have an in-demand quality China needs and they can't get it from their home-grown people, they are willing to bend EVERY rule in their book to take advantage of what you have to offer.

I know people with certain skills, PhDs, etc who were offered Chinese citizenship to move to China and develop (share?) technology etc, etc. One of them is now returned but used to work at ASML. Of course, they could keep their regular citizenship.

BTW, Elkeson had two citizenships before China naturalized him: A Brazilian one and a European one (Can't remember which one now, but this is very common in Latin America) obtained through descent.

;)

Last edited:
I missed something, why do you still have a German accountant if you moved to Swiss ? I guess you closed ur company in Germany nop?
Basically had to declare taxes for previous years. But even if you leave, there are some situations where the you still own money to the taxman. Like if I had property in Germany or some income.
The income here was from trading (crypto) on a private account. So that make make it even more suspicious. The right thing for them would be, just to say thank you for the declaration (because they would never catched me). But no they want an investigation it seems. Crazy.

Dozens who picked up and left from several EU countries & the USA, never to return, were never bothered. Those who did it by the book and wanted to be transparent and honest got royally f*cked by the taxman.
Kind of true. I mean the thing was just, I didn't want to move "just" because of money, too far away. Also family and friends. Not that easy to just move to singapure and leave everything behind.
Agree that it is a crazy system. If you are to honest, you get f*cked.

Reactions: jafo
The point is, if you have an in-demand quality China needs and they can't get it from their home-grown people, they are willing to bend EVERY rule in their book to take advantage of what you have to offer.
Very true. But it goes the other way too, they can suddenly decide they dont need you / dont like you, and then they can bend the rules the other way to screw up your life.

• Haha
Very true. But it goes the other way too, they can suddenly decide they dont need you / dont like you, and then they can bend the rules the other way to screw up your life.
rof/% True, but they usually do this if the person becomes obnoxious or starts to publicly hate on them as is the instance of e.g. Winston Sterzel aka SerpentZA and others like him.

In China's defense, I told my family (blood relatives), after the world's economic collapse in 2007/2008, that I went broke and am now homeless. They were leeching off me, so this was perfect timing. They all blocked me rof/%. Once I was NO longer useful (ATM) to them, I went from being the most loved member of the family to the most hated smi(&% rof/%
You should hear what they tell people about me now rof/%

Oh well, at least now I don't have to share my surf & turf & my Krug Clos D'Ambonnay with anyone else smi(&%

Free, free at last! :cool:

One more advice is to never use any cloud systems such as Microsoft or Google if you have any data that could be sensitive. Even you delete mails or files, most remain available after deletion and authorities can easily get a court order that enables them to copy everything, send a forensic IT team and use ediscovery to copy all data, including deleted data, teams chat records, shared files etc.
Excellent advice!