Our valued sponsor

Do you think altcoins will rise the rate soon?

I'd bet on those designed for privacy and also ripple and tether should work. But if I'd be sure I wouldn't spend time reading this forum and posting here :)

I read somewhere $50K however, do you really believe it will get that high again?

We will see a very uncertain future:

Stocks are overpriced;
Bonds are overpriced;
VIX (the CBOE Volatility Index) trades above its long term average;
The Vice Index (spending On Hookers, Drugs And Booze) tumbles;
The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) published a report Monday concluding that a falling conception rate in the U.S. has consistently preceded economic downturns over the last three decades, conception rates are down;
Trump just pushed the trade war button;
Powel (new chair of the Fed) will change policy;

Russia and the US are very close to igniting some sort of conflict;
(Syria, US killed 200 Russian Wagner PMA that were committed to take a US oil/base) The US can not back down as by holding on the east side of the Eufrates they block the Iranians from establishing a corridor to Syria/Lebanon; Russia cannot back-out as it than will loose it status in the MidEast and at home. (so we have two superpowers that cannot and thus will not back down, a recipy for 'trouble').
China is on the verge of some serious financial troubles at home (HNA +Anbang are semi-nationlised);
China has removed the two term limit for Xi, so we have new Mao in Bejing;
China is building a base in the Spratly Islands, and thus taking ownership of a large part of the Chinese South Sea;
China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) will open a base in Pakistan (and thus limit US power over Afganistan);
China will probably take over the Maladives and setup a base there;
So China is mirroring the US in getting a foothold along it's BRI, something the US cannot allow for longer or they will become irrelevant.

Add to this the fact Russia and China are setting up a SWIFT competitor (with no US control);
Saudi are selling oil to the Chinese based on Yuans;
China launched a crude oil futures contract priced in yuan and convertible into gold.
This means the US will lose it status as wolrd reserve currency and thus the US will lose it option to fund it's deficit for free. One of the things they will have to cut back on is their 1 trillion expenditure on it's army. However that will add about 1 million direct un-employed people and many millions of indirect un-employed ones (the famous Military-Industrial-Complex). They will not accept this so we go back to Syria ....

So to paraphrase Edward Gibbons, we are watching live"The decline and fall of the American Empire".

So the coming financial/geopolitical cataclysm will have positive effects for bitcoin (they are outside government control, so 'safe').

great post @Milky Moon i was just wondering what risks are involved in crypto and your article provided that information.

That said I believe the coins will rise but it will take some time. So far the first quarter of 2018 was bad for the crypto coins.