Our valued sponsor

Does any exchange such as Wirex, Bitpanda, Kraken report you? (AEOI, OECD)

abc123

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
I wonder;
1. Does any of these exchange or similar report your balance or transactions?
2. Under which circumstances would they release information about your holdings and transactions or earnings? What would be required?
Even if using the Visa card offered in the country you try to hide it from.

I am comparing to using services like tutanota och protonmail where it is extremely hard for governments to extract information.

Some do in certain situations like Coinbase but you need to check with each one. However it remains very unlikely in general.

2. Under which circumstances would they release information about your holdings and transactions or earnings? What would be required?

If asked by competent authority for information they will share it. Coinbase already does this for example with HMRC in UK.

I wonder;
Even if using the Visa card offered in the country you try to hide it from.

I am comparing to using services like tutanota och protonmail where it is extremely hard for governments to extract information.
NO not at the moment.

They may collect informaiton but i do not think any of them fall into the CRS / FATCA catetgories.

Which is why a new OECD framework is created to capture them into scope, this will likely take effect in 2025. Until such time then...

Latest Threads