Our valued sponsor

dual citizenship and name

you are making a mistake here as most of the people with unfamiliarity of the subject. A priori, you are not considered tax resident of the country you have second citizenship ONLY if you hold some mickey mouse CBI passport. This is a requirement put by US and EU so the carribean states can continue selling documents and EU and US to squeez you financially. BUT in all other countries which you gain citizenship by naturalization you are automatically considered resident and tax resident of the country. How this is possible: because naturalization means living permanent in one place and having all your financial activity there and then for this by time you gain citizenship rights. Trust me , I know what I am writing, one can have three different citizenships and three different tax residencies. each country considers you only their citizen!

you are making a mistake here as most of the people with unfamiliarity of the subject. A priori, you are not considered tax resident of the country you have second citizenship ONLY if you hold some mickey mouse CBI passport. This is a requirement put by US and EU so the carribean states can continue selling documents and EU and US to squeez you financially. BUT in all other countries which you gain citizenship by naturalization you are automatically considered resident and tax resident of the country. How this is possible: because naturalization means living permanent in one place and having all your financial activity there and then for this by time you gain citizenship rights. Trust me , I know what I am writing, one can have three different citizenships and three different tax residencies. each country considers you only their citizen!

I understand and agree with what you wrote - not sure where you see any conflict with what I wrote
again, I don't care about tax residency here...

I understand and agree with what you wrote - not sure where you see any conflict with what I wrote
again, I don't care about tax residency here...
I am reffering to your quote that you may not be tax resident to a country you are citizen. If you are citizen by naturalization in a "normal" country not CBI joke, 99 % you are tax resident also. So automatically you are tax resident in the old country which they don t have an idea nor care what you did in life as long as you pay their taxes and in the new country !

Now try to explain to the other members of the forum which they have swallowed the liberal manifesto that somebody can only have one tax residency that you can have official documents from let s say three different countries you hold citizenship that you are tax resident in their country, because each one, treats you ONLY as their citizen !

well, you have your original citizenship
then you may become a citizen by naturalization or using CBI program (and not only once)
so much for you passports...

then a completely different story is where you're a tax resident - there are many possible scenarios depending on whether you try to inform you original tax residency country that you "moved" elsewhere or not, whether they accept it or not, you can surely be a tax resident in more than one country (under some circumstances probably no country at all)

my point was that you can easily be a citizen (have passport) of countries A, B, C and be a tax resident of country D because you current center of life interests is there... independently on your citizenship(s)

well, you have your original citizenship
then you may become a citizen by naturalization or using CBI program (and not only once)
so much for you passports...

then a completely different story is where you're a tax resident - there are many possible scenarios depending on whether you try to inform you original tax residency country that you "moved" elsewhere or not, whether they accept it or not, you can surely be a tax resident in more than one country (under some circumstances probably no country at all)

my point was that you can easily be a citizen (have passport) of countries A, B, C and be a tax resident of country D because you current center of life interests is there... independently on your citizenship(s)
as I wrote 99% citizenship by naturalization means tax residency also. Your old(s) country/ies do not know about this nor care except if you are stupid your self and tell them. The banks ask you and if you are naive enough can answer yes to their question.

yes, for the time being
and it can easily change in (near) future and the citizenship remains - there is no conflict in what we are saying

Your old(s) country/ies do not know about this nor care except if you are stupid your self and tell them.

I don't get that - you will tell your old country unless you don't want to be taxed twice since both countries are considering you a tax resident there which is hardly in your interest... you simply will show your old country a tax residency certificate from the new one and optionally (if required) prove there are no ties left

yes, for the time being
and it can easily change in (near) future and the citizenship remains - there is no conflict in what we are saying

I don't get that - you will tell your old country unless you don't want to be taxed twice since both countries are considering you a tax resident there which is hardly in your interest... you simply will show your old country a tax residency certificate from the new one and optionally (if required) prove there are no ties left
no usually you are not taxed twice because there are inter-state tax agreements. If you have 0 financial activity in the old country you do not have to prove residency in country B if you are citizen there, because country B will cover you as ONLY their citizen

to put it in other words. It all depends in which passport you buy something or start a business but you cannot foolproof use this other passport in the country you hold citizenship because this country considers you ONLY their citizen

for Austria i cannot help you, it (was) very rare program and maybe the most expensive. For all the others that run in millions, malta and Cyprus, and the ones for nominally 100000$ and 150000$ per head (St Kitts, Antigua, Grenada, St Lucia, vanuatu) no it is strictly forbiden by law to change name for CBI holder, even in case of marriage! Note that all the other citizens in the carribean can change name, the pseudo citizens cannot! Also if you already changed your name in you original citizenship, in Antigua for instance, your application will be declined by law! There is one exception as i wrote, Dominica which is the most friendly and less discriminating agaiinst CBI holders, there after a year of holding citizenship, a CBI citizen can by court order change his/her name.
I wrote in official agent's website than St Kitt's allows to change his name by Deed Poll immediately (not after 1 year as Domenica), so that's not true according to you, you are sure of that ?

I wrote in official agent's website than St Kitt's allows to change his name by Deed Poll immediately (not after 1 year as Domenica), so that's not true according to you, you are sure of that ?
yes he wrote bull to you to get the $$$$$ commission or he was totally ignorant of the changes after Harris took office some years ago. One cannot in St Kitts only in Dominica after one year by law and to be honest I don t know anybody who has actually been through the process in Dominica. Don t trust st Kitts if something is like out of the ordinary, they will be the first ones to turn you in, to save their business...

Reactions: Remy
yes he wrote bull to you to get the $$$$$ commission or he was totally ignorant of the changes after Harris took office some years ago. One cannot in St Kitts only in Dominica after one year by law and to be honest I don t know anybody who has actually been through the process in Dominica. Don t trust st Kitts if something is like out of the ordinary, they will be the first ones to turn you in, to save their business...
Thanks for your answer, instructing.

With passports carrying bio-metric data, what is the best practice when traveling between dual-citizen countries if you hold multiple identities and don't want either country to know your other nationality ?

With passports carrying bio-metric data, what is the best practice when traveling between dual-citizen countries if you hold multiple identities and don't want either country to know your other nationality ?
the answer to your question is as Miyagi answered to the karate kid "too much TV" you don't write which country planning to visit so no concrete answer can be given, but basically if your passport is legal because all passports follow ICAO rules, there are three data entries that can show that you probably hold another citizenship. So if your question is if you can get inside the country with the biometrics checked , yes you can if you it's really you but there are 3 small details that can betray you and they don't have anything to do with biometrics. There is ofcourse the possibility that some interesting characters have goverment issued passports from special services or obtained through inside connections and this is theoretically where the thumbprints play their role, again too much TV, that's why the americans have introduced the retina scan except the thumbprints, as if they know something that the general public is not aware.

Judging from your other interesting question at the forum, if by coincidence your passport is not goverment issued, don' t try it , they scan all passports now for bio data upon entering and exiting Schengen , so in the photo, it must be you.

I appreciate your feedback and thank you.
Yes both passports are fully legal, I would not play around with fakes or anything like that.
It's just that the name difference worries me and on top of that there are financial reasons which I like to keep confined within each nation (my business does not extend beyond borders so why should I have to volunteer such information to whom it may not concern.)

I appreciate your feedback and thank you.
Yes both passports are fully legal, I would not play around with fakes or anything like that.
It's just that the name difference worries me and on top of that there are financial reasons which I like to keep confined within each nation (my business does not extend beyond borders so why should I have to volunteer such information to whom it may not concern.)
as long as your passports are goverment issued you can do what ever you like. There are millions of people with different names because their names were changed in US , Canada , South America etc but in the old country ( russia, poland, italy, greece, romania, china , korea etc etc the registry remained the same) Read my other postings, you can do what ever you like but if in the country A you are citizen upon a court of law you cannot declare I am a citizen of country B . So take care not to get detained for something that can take you to court. Honestly I doubt that the countries involved are Germany and UK because it is ridiculous simple even if your name at the second passport was " Dalai Lama", just grab the passport and go. It seems that in one of the countries A or B you have an " entry or exit " problem, hmmm, and you are a litlle bit shy to discuss about it. If this is the case there are many more parameters that the ones you thought but we need to discuss the real data in a real consultation ..

Reactions: Remy
Good observation. It is true that these are not the actual countries, yet for obvious reasons I have picked them because they properly resemble the ones in question. Furthermore you are correct to say that one of them, i.e. Germany, does pose a "problem"- namely, I am under extra scrutiny here. I'm not sure how much more parameters I could disclose without going overboard. Perhaps there is a more discrete way of communicating from here on?

Good observation. It is true that these are not the actual countries, yet for obvious reasons I have picked them because they properly resemble the ones in question. Furthermore you are correct to say that one of them, i.e. Germany, does pose a "problem"- namely, I am under extra scrutiny here. I'm not sure how much more parameters I could disclose without going overboard. Perhaps there is a more discrete way of communicating from here on?
send me a pm pls with a mailbox of yours ....

How does it look if you cross the border in the Airport and you have one name where you live but another in the passport you just used. If they cross check it may look strange or not?

• Haha
Reactions: Joe Blasco

Latest Threads