Our valued sponsor

Dubai Freezone and limited liability - comparable with western equivalent of it?

ElBotellon

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
i have read that
- UAE have no long history of bankruptcy laws, so high risk of getting personal liability for directors/owners
- even the risk of a judgement (i.e. a debt) against the person, may generate criminal liability (just based on the debt) if not paid or if the debtor is not solvent
- a single member free zone company has no limited liability

which is the real risk?
for obvious reasons i am not concerned about fraudulent activity (which is illegal everywhere in the world) but more about "good faith" debt done with the most noble purposes or simple mistakes during management activity which may generate civil liability for a director and end up with a simple civil settlement in other countries while - apparently - have more serious consequences in the UAE.

Reactions: RealDude
You mentioned yourself already everything in the right way - while you enjoy with a FZCO on gloabl perspective same limited liability benefits like with LLC's and LTD's you will have no limited liability benefits within the UAE and being bankrupt is illegal.

You mentioned yourself already everything in the right way - while you enjoy with a FZCO on gloabl perspective same limited liability benefits like with LLC's and LTD's you will have no limited liability benefits within the UAE and being bankrupt is illegal.
Fze with one shareholder have not limit liability like llc on global perspective?

Fze with one shareholder have not limit liability like llc on global perspective?
For FZCO we work with - same limited liability applies - the MoA remains the same - no matter if 1 or 2+ shareholders.

For FZE - it's meanwhile named FZ-LLC - it should be the same but as we don't work with this small FZ's outside Dubai I can't guarantee.

Latest Threads