Our valued sponsor

Dubai new residency programme

Dandyline

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2020
Visit site
Just saw this, interesting.

The annual remote working programme costs $287, plus medical insurance with valid UAE cover and processing fee per person.

What are the criteria?​

• Passport with minimum six months validity
  • Health insurance with UAE cover validity
  • Proof of employment from current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of $5,000 per month salary, last month’s payslip and three preceding months’ bank statements
  • If the applicant is a company owner: proof of ownership of company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of $5,000 per month, and three preceding months’ bank statements

Just saw this, interesting.

The annual remote working programme costs $287, plus medical insurance with valid UAE cover and processing fee per person.

What are the criteria?​

• Passport with minimum six months validity
  • Health insurance with UAE cover validity
  • Proof of employment from current employer with a one-year contract validity, a minimum of $5,000 per month salary, last month’s payslip and three preceding months’ bank statements
  • If the applicant is a company owner: proof of ownership of company for one year or more, with an average monthly income of $5,000 per month, and three preceding months’ bank statements

An interesting new law to get Emirati citizenship the one thing most expats in UAE look forward to. However you do loose your original citizenship.

That citizenship program doesn't sound interesting I mean they say :confused:. It's just gonna be a whole bunch of Iranian business men applying.

---- start quote

Those eligible for an Emirati citizenship will have to renounce their original nationality and passport and be FLUENT in Arabic​

--- end quote

The new residence program sounds ok.

That citizenship program doesn't sound interesting I mean they say :confused:. It's just gonna be a whole bunch of Iranian business men applying.

---- start quote

Those eligible for an Emirati citizenship will have to renounce their original nationality and passport and be FLUENT in Arabic​

--- end quote

For me it serves my purpose . Now I can finally give up mines. Fluency in Arabic can be attained quickly in a few months.

---- start quote

--- end quote

Most citizenship programs restrict Iranians from applying. This citizenship is vague right now with more details to come out later. This might require a lot of money upfront but totally worth it much better than Turkey citizenship program. If Turkey was like before Erdrogan took over it I would have considered it.

Reactions: isyet and sonato
Isn't it the same as Estonia and Bulgaria as well as Malta that we have discussed on this forum before? It's sounds to be the same concept.
But Malta, Estonia and Bulgaria are not tax free jurisdictions. Malta could be used as tax free with right planning however as long as you don't receive anything in Malta or pay reduce taxation on it. Malta is very expensive for non EU citizens but excellent choice for EU citizens. If I am wrong plz guide me as I read up this info like 9 years ago when I was researching jurisdictions to move. I am sure UAE would require a lot of investment upfront so let's see what it's offering. Yes Sonato concept is the same but location is the best since it's hub for Emirates Airlines but I am still thinking if another motive would be there to grant citizenship to tax its citizens on income as one arguement was always there as why UAE can't tax on income as everyone is an expat there. ? Now with citizenship income taxation could be introduced which would make it a bad choice. . Let's see what's in future.

The UAE program will fuel resentment from existing nationals surely? I mean nearly 90% of UAE's population is expats. You remove the only advantage the locals have then things will get interesting politically in UAE ns2. I someone doubt any foreigner with a decent passport apart from Iranians and Iraqis will give up their passport for a passport from a dictatorship like UAE.....just saying :(.

I think UAE is having a laugh and their is another motive for suggesting such a program. Maybe their big brother Saudi Arabia has something to do with it with whats coming around the corner for them.

Reactions: isyet
I think UAE is having a laugh and their is another motive for suggesting such a program.

Expats have been abandoning UAE in droves in the latest decade, well before the covid.
Covid has just been the nail in the coffin.

Reactions: Martin Everson
Expats have been abandoning UAE in droves in the latest decade, well before the covid.
Covid has just been the nail in the coffin.

Actually the cost of living is very cheap in Dubai as compared to U.K. and EU and New York, Los Angles, Toronto and Vancouver etc. I have personally travelled and lived in a lot of cities and I think Dubai does offer an advantage over them which most expats love. Tax free living and fringe benefits provided you know how to shift your tax burdens. Besides it's the hub of Emirates Airlines. I am not sure they will offer passports to Iranians. Yes locals might disapprove of this passport offer so it might not even start. Maybe they are simply toying with the idea to see the reaction of their public. But it does offer some advantage over CIS and Turkey citizenships. Malta is way out of league for most people.

They should just sell passports for $1m a a pop with just basic requirement being a criminal background check and nothing else. They would shift 2000 passports in a month to Russians simply because they are a tax free country....lol. Anyway that will never happen.

Latest Threads