Our valued sponsor

Question Dukascopy vs Swissquote withdrawals

Remember that SwissQuote is not a bank and does not support deposits from third parties, you can only fund your account from a bank account in your name. I have seen some people posting false information in this forum claiming that SwissQuote is like a bank and that you can fund your account from third parties. I know your question was not exactly this but I need to write it to let you know.

Remember that SwissQuote is not a bank and does not support deposits from third parties, you can only fund your account from a bank account in your name. I have seen some people posting false information in this forum claiming that SwissQuote is like a bank and that you can fund your account from third parties. I know your question was not exactly this but I need to write it to let you know.
You are the one who publishes false information, this is false, the bank account that you are given when you open the trading and forex accounts is possible, you are referring to the savings account and you are totally confused. And swissquote is also a bank and is listed on the stock exchange.
Inform yourself before talking about others.

I hope it doesn't make you feel bad.

Reactions: Btraveler
You are the one who publishes false information, this is false, the bank account that you are given when you open the trading and forex accounts is possible, you are referring to the savings account and you are totally confused. And swissquote is also a bank and is listed on the stock exchange.
Inform yourself before talking about others.

I hope it doesn't make you feel bad.
You are wrong. After reading your message I contacted SwissQuote support again to see if something has changed and they confirmed it is not possible receive transfers from third parties. The transfers must come from a personal bank account in your name. They confirmed that the account must be used for trading.

Stop spreading false information. You are making people open accounts there to have their funds frozen when they transfer from third parties.

You are wrong. After reading your message I contacted SwissQuote support again to see if something has changed and they confirmed it is not possible receive transfers from third parties. The transfers must come from a personal bank account in your name. They confirmed that the account must be used for trading.

Stop spreading false information. You are making people open accounts there to have their funds frozen when they transfer from third parties.
I have friends with trading account and bank account and they receive third party transfers without any problem.

I have others with a savings account and they can only receive transfers in their name.

@AntuFasi77 it is waiting for account in Swissquote, for to receive transfers from cryptocurrency exchangers.

The one providing false information is you @MurrayRothbard

Last edited:
Reactions: Singa
Certainly SwissQuote is a bank but it is better to receive funds from your personal accounts because they're specialized in trading not suitable for daily transactional banking.

Reactions: Edge and Btraveler
“Swissquote does not accept payments from third parties.”

Source: How to Deposit Funds into your Forex Account | Swissquote

It’s always been like that. Now it might work with a third party account, but that doesn’t mean it’s allowed.

It is stated that Swissquote does not accept third party payments because in that link that you provide they are IBAN GB, by the way I do not know for what reason, and with the beneficiary Swissquote.

But if you have a Swiss IBAN and in your name, you can receive payments from third parties without problem. I have had a swissquote account for several years and have always been able to receive payments from third parties like any other bank. Swissquote's Swiss IBAN is a multi-currency IBAN for EUR, CHF and USD.

@Elve did you open an Swiss bank account as an foreigner or did you open any EMI with a Swiss IBAN since you know it works?

@Elve did you open an Swiss bank account as an foreigner or did you open any EMI with a Swiss IBAN since you know it works?

I have a Swissquote account and I am a resident of the EU and not of Switzerland.

Like other people I know, when I opened my Swissquote account, they provided you with a Swiss IBAN and multi-currency.

I'm not talking about EMI, but about a swisquote iban.

That was in 2018 when I opened the account, I don't know if that changed for those who open an account now.

Reactions: JohnLocke
That was in 2018 when I opened the account, I don't know if that changed for those who open an account now.
that may explain the questions we have in this thread right now.

they are IBAN GB, by the way I do not know for what reason, and with the beneficiary Swissquote.

Because the link he provided is for Swissquote forex, which is a separate entity regulated in the UK, with GPB Iban, if you opena Forex account with swissquote, you are not allowed to receive third party wires ..

But your account is a normal trading account (or savings account) that is part of Swissquote switzerland (the bank regulated in switzerland), they give you a multicurrency IBAN (CHF EUR USD) where you are allowed to receive third party payments, but I'm told you should not "overdo it" as the account is meant to be for trading ..

Now, everything I said is just my understanding nothing more, I'm not sure about any of this.

Reactions: buliwyfa and Elve
No, you cannot receive and withdraw funds from and to Third Parties with a Swiss Quote account. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a Forex or a Saving or whatever account.

I asked their official Support 3 times during the last few months and every single time, they were pretty clear:

"You cannot receive funds from third parties. You cannot withdraw funds to third parties. You need to deposit from a bank account in your name. And you can only withdraw funds to an account in your name".

Very very clear. There is no confussion here.

So anyone here claiming that you can receive and withdraw from and to third parties is just a liar. Plain and simple.

If you want to check this, just contact Swiss Quote official support and ask them. You just need to send an email, nothing else.

Reactions: pomegranate
Has anybody cleared the mystery if any of these institutions accept third parties payments?
Dukascopy Bank 100% accepts and allows third-party deposits and withdrawals. The confusion could come from the fact that there are two types of accounts (I believe it's similar for Swissquote): FX (trading) and Banking. Indeed, if you have a trading account, you cannot receive there any third-party deposits. However, the banking account fully supports the third-party payments functionality. Btw, you can use both account types.

No, you cannot receive and withdraw funds from and to Third Parties with a Swiss Quote account. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a Forex or a Saving or whatever account.

I asked their official Support 3 times during the last few months and every single time, they were pretty clear:

"You cannot receive funds from third parties. You cannot withdraw funds to third parties. You need to deposit from a bank account in your name. And you can only withdraw funds to an account in your name".

Very very clear. There is no confussion here.

So anyone here claiming that you can receive and withdraw from and to third parties is just a liar. Plain and simple.

If you want to check this, just contact Swiss Quote official support and ask them. You just need to send an email, nothing else.
you are wrong...swissquote can receive funds from third parties...I have using them for few years~

but transfer to third parties is not easy now, depends on your amount~

Latest Threads