Our valued sponsor

Swissquote AEOI for European Clients - If Account is Closed

Arslan

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello Members,

I'm reaching out to inquire about Swissquote Bank's (Switzerland entity) reporting practices regarding tax authorities in Europe. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing whether they report the bank accounts of European citizens to the European tax authorities.

Additionally, I would like to understand the protocol if an account held by a European citizen is closed – will Swissquote Bank still report this to the European tax authorities?

Any insights or information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Last edited:
Hello Members,

I'm reaching out to inquire about Swissquote Bank's (Switzerland entity) reporting practices regarding tax authorities in Europe. Specifically, I'm interested in knowing whether they report the bank accounts of European citizens to the European tax authorities.

Additionally, I would like to understand the protocol if an account held by a European citizen is closed – will Swissquote Bank still report this to the European tax authorities?

Any insights or information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
CRS reporting depends on many factors.
It might be possible/feasible for you to structure your affairs in such way that the funds held in these banks will not be reported.

CRS reporting depends on many factors.
It might be possible/feasible for you to structure your affairs in such way that the funds held in these banks will not be reported.
Sorry, probably my question wasn't clear.

I'm trying to understand if Swissquote reports about European citizen's accounts with them to European tax authorities, even if the account is closed now?

Sorry, probably my question wasn't clear.

I'm trying to understand if Swissquote reports about European citizen's accounts with them to European tax authorities, even if the account is closed now?
Tax residency is important for CRS reporting purposes and not citizenship.

Reactions: MichelRippon989