Our valued sponsor

Easiest Residencies to get in Asia?

There are a couple of schemes in Philippines that are quite reasonable. Check SIRV, for example. It requires a 75,000 USD investment.

IIRC, there is one in Cambodia as well for around the same amount of money required.

Indonesia has some options, especially in Bali.

None of them are easy if you DIY. Hire a lawyer to do it all for you. It might cost a few hundred or a few thousand, but you save a few hundred or a few thousand hours of your time...

There are a couple of schemes in Philippines that are quite reasonable. Check SIRV, for example. It requires a 75,000 USD investment.

IIRC, there is one in Cambodia as well for around the same amount of money required.

Indonesia has some options, especially in Bali.

None of them are easy if you DIY. Hire a lawyer to do it all for you. It might cost a few hundred or a few thousand, but you save a few hundred or a few thousand hours of your time...
How hard is it to get HK or Singapore residency now?
Specificallly, does anyone know the process of getting a HK residence permit?

Reactions: jafo
How hard is it to get HK or Singapore residency now?
Specificallly, does anyone know the process of getting a HK residence permit?
Singapore is almost impossible unless you invest >1MUSD at the very least, and/or have a solid business plan with objectives of hiring Singaporeans.

There is also a way through incubators but they only give a 1 year visa, and to renew it you need to fill out either one of the requirements I stated above.

HK is possible if you have solid academic and work experience otherwise it is almost impossible to get.

With $$$ you can get residency almost anywhere but if you thought Thailand at 20k for 5 years was expensive, you can forget HK and SG.

Singapore is almost impossible unless you invest >1MUSD at the very least, and/or have a solid business plan with objectives of hiring Singaporeans.
Yeah that's what I thought as well. Unfortunate.
HK is possible if you have solid academic and work experience otherwise it is almost impossible to get.

Can you get a residence permit from setting up a company in HK and hiring yourself as a director or employee. In that way you would get an employement visa, I am assuming? How long would it last if possible?

Reactions: uranium
Yeah that's what I thought as well. Unfortunate.

Can you get a residence permit from setting up a company in HK and hiring yourself as a director or employee. In that way you would get an employement visa, I am assuming? How long would it last if possible?
That's a good question. I know you can an get entrepreneur visa if you plan to hire local workforce (but definitely the requirements are much easier than SG) and your business plan is solid. It is more aimed towards new businesses.

There is another visa for companies that are more stable. To sponsor yourself through your company, It might be possible under the GEP visa but you need to have set up the business in HK first (all doable online without going to HK physically), and then justify enough physical and financial substance to have this visa approved. However I am not too knowledgeable about this specific visa but I would assume if your company is running well this visa should work.

Reactions: blancmon229
That's a good question. I know you can an get entrepreneur visa if you plan to hire local workforce (but definitely the requirements are much easier than SG) and your business plan is solid. It is more aimed towards new businesses.

There is another visa for companies that are more stable. To sponsor yourself through your company, It might be possible under the GEP visa but you need to have set up the business in HK first (all doable online without going to HK physically), and then justify enough physical and financial substance to have this visa approved. However I am not too knowledgeable about this specific visa but I would assume if your company is running well this visa should work.
Thanks. If anyone has done the GEP visa route, please share.

Besides for Malaysia's MM2H, are there any lesser known residence permits in Malaysia? Perhaps, also setting up a company and hiring yourself as employee.

Last edited: