Our valued sponsor

Question Ebay salary

ricsmond

May 22, 2022
Hungary
Visit site
Hello there,
I sell products on german E-bay as a business user, my buyers are mainly from Germany. I would like to ask you, that E-bay sends the financial documents automatically to the german tax office ? Or is this whole procedure is my duty, included the document send and paying to any tax office?
Thank you for your help and response in advance!
Regards,

How much is your sales in total to German customer?
Around 3000 € monthly

I am not sure you are liable for taxes in Germany if you reside somewhere else.
Do you sell as an individual or as a company? Also, where is your company registered?
Is the company's management based in Germany (i.e. any of the directors German residents)?
Iam selling as business user, my residence not in Germany. So my tax number not german. i read on ebay that it should be properly taxed in the destination country. I have to write an invoice with 19% VAT. ( in my country it's not 19%) And I need to pay this 19% To the german vat office

Last edited:
You have 2 options:
- register for a german VAT number (your business) and pay VAT with monthly declaration in Germany
- register for OSS and pay VAT with your home VAT number (you do not need to make a registration for DE number)

Where are you shipping from? Germany or your home country?

You have 2 options:
- register for a german VAT number (your business) and pay VAT with monthly declaration in Germany
- register for OSS and pay VAT with your home VAT number (you do not need to make a registration for DE number)

Where are you shipping from? Germany or your home country?
I have this oss.
I want to use it . But looks like it's a very new things. My accountant don't know this part. I ship from m own country.
Thank you.

Do you reside within the EU? Or in Europe? Big difference with regards to VAT and OSS.
If your accountant does not know what OSS is and you are from an EU country, than I would cut ties with that accountant immediately (because, most likely, this is not the only part of taxes he doesn't understand).

Furthermore, to answer your primary question: yes, it is your "duty" to comply to tax laws. You will have to provide the German tax agency with the information that they need and the money that you owe them. If you sell anything from an EU country to an EU consumer and your are above the VAT threshold, you are liable to pay VAT in that EU country.

Reactions: Jabbar

Latest Threads