Our valued sponsor

EIN for US LLC - Processing time?

Mark Rucken

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey guys, have you applied for EIN lately in the United States for US LLC? I am waiting forever and I am wondering does anyone know how many days does it take for the application to be processed? I know it is COVID time, but waiting for 30 days and still no feedback is crazy.

How did you apply for it? Yourself or by your agent?

Yes, there was a delay with EIN as IRS had the fax switched off and for a period of time it was only possible to apply via post.

I was checking it on an almost weekly basis (I was in rush) and I don't remember the exact date but the number started to work, it was either towards the end of May or early June and then I got the EIN at the end of June.

I can imagine your EIN should arrive anytime now as I got more of them since and the only delay there was was when the fax was off.

I would like to understand with the question to be sent by fax must also send the document ?.
I wonder if I send the document then the company is no longer anonymous.
Is there a way to have EIN anonymously?

I've heard some people use a US citizen as a nominee to speed up the EIN application proccess. While the IRS doesn't seem to like it (Responsible Parties and Nominees | Internal Revenue Service) it doesn't seem to be illegal. Does anyone of you ever applied for an EIN this way?
It is possible, but then IRS will treat that US citizen as a responsible party of that entity, which could be really dangerous for that person. If you have SSN you get EIN the same day. For us foreigners we wait for months.