Our valued sponsor

Em@ney PLC from Malta - any feedback?

You are right that AgriBank is one of the few taking new Malta companies, I also know that from two sources. The problem is they are very slow and don't have SEPA. Perhaps not the best bank to deal with if you do a lot of day to day transactions. I have pretty well aged company (almost 10 years) and BNF for instance asked me to fill in a questionnaire but they never got back to me. Lombard Bank has never replied to me on my enquiry sent their International Banking Unit. MeDirect says they can open provided there is a local substance - office.

Banking in Malta has become extremely challenging.

Hello

I just came back from Malta, and i have been tried to open corporate account. My secretary makes a phone call for all!! Maltese banks. My company is "one man show" LTD where i'm the owner ,sh without any nominee or fid service, but i don't have any visa over there even i'm EU residence.

See the result:

- Agribank - doesn't open
- APS - In progress ( they took all necessary documents and 100EUR and needed to fill two forms electronically) don't have result yet
- BNF - not open at the moment
- BOV - Just if you are residence
- IIG - NOPE
- Medirect - NOPE
- FIM Bank - They communicate just online ( since 3 weeks we are waiting for their reply, so not declined yet)
- HSBC - Strange, while after the first online form they sent decline message, after i receive welcome message and other form. As i heard the can open if the company CEO, or SH have Malta residence
- Satabank - Actually they can open for corporate, but there is limitatiton ( 5K / month IN/OUT TRAFFIC)

Reactions: blizz and Oleksa75
I have been working with Emoney Malta for a few years. Their communication skills are horrible, if something is not clear and you ask them to clarify they simply send the same message again and again, only the latest message in an email thread is read, spelling errors all over the place (my company name, address, incorporation number and many other English words in their system) and they ask for documentation for basically any transaction that exceeds 1-2k EUR (this usually is not a problem but once holidays and weekends are involved and a few extra questions are asked expect the amount to be blocked for many days).

Eventually I made an outward transfer which was set pending and they asked for documentation. My accountant was working on it but apparently after 2 weeks they got impatient and kicked me out (I switched accountant so it took a bit longer).

Would only recommend if you're desperate for an account.

- Satabank - Actually they can open for corporate, but there is limitatiton ( 5K / month IN/OUT TRAFFIC)
With whom did you meet?

told you, it does not worth the time
PS aps will decline as well, there are in business charging 100 euro and declining

Hello

I just came back from Malta, and i have been tried to open corporate account. My secretary makes a phone call for all!! Maltese banks. My company is "one man show" LTD where i'm the owner ,sh without any nominee or fid service, but i don't have any visa over there even i'm EU residence.

See the result:

- Agribank - doesn't open
- APS - In progress ( they took all necessary documents and 100EUR and needed to fill two forms electronically) don't have result yet
- BNF - not open at the moment
- BOV - Just if you are residence
- IIG - NOPE
- Medirect - NOPE
- FIM Bank - They communicate just online ( since 3 weeks we are waiting for their reply, so not declined yet)
- HSBC - Strange, while after the first online form they sent decline message, after i receive welcome message and other form. As i heard the can open if the company CEO, or SH have Malta residence

Hello

So what banking solution did you find for your Malta business? I'm interesting to learn about new banks willing to take on foreign business.

Latest Threads