Our valued sponsor

EMI for business with real bank IBAN?

Maitrey

Apr 5, 2021
Eastern EU
Visit site
Good health to all forum participants!

I registered a company in Estonia, I'm a resident of another EU country (permanent residence permit).

I opened an account with Revolut without any problems. But on the very first contract with a company that has an account in Montenegro, I ran into the problem that their bank requires an account only in a real bank.

It is difficult to open an account in a real bank, as you know, especially for a small, albeit crystal-clear company and at least it takes time.

I thought, what if there are EMI that issue real bank IBAN for payments at least in EUR out of SEPA (like Montenegro)?!

Kind Regards!

I opened an account with Revolut without any problems. But on the very first contract with a company that has an account in Montenegro, I ran into the problem that their bank requires an account only in a real bank.

Revolut is a real bank now. Did you open with Revolut Bank UAB?

You can check this easily by reading the terms and conditions you accepted when you signed up. Or go into the mobile app and click on your picture and scroll to the bottom "Terms & conditions" and see what you have written there.

Last edited:
Yes and no. I wrote to their support service that the bank of my clients can only make payments to accounts of real banks. To which they replied that, indeed, some banks do not want to transfer money to EMI accounts.
Besides this the accounts migration to their Bank UAB is only being launched on Personal accounts to eligible users. I may take it as a beta version, or a test version. Regarding the business accounts is not yet possible.

Yes and no. I wrote to their support service that the bank of my clients can only make payments to accounts of real banks. To which they replied that, indeed, some banks do not want to transfer money to EMI accounts.
Besides this the accounts migration to their Bank UAB is only being launched on Personal accounts to eligible users. I may take it as a beta version, or a test version. Regarding the business accounts is not yet possible.

Ahh ok I see as I am with Revolut Bank UAB for personal account. Thought they would do business accounts also :confused:.

You can always try LHV in Estonia. I believe you may need to go in person.

Reactions: MichelRippon989
Estonian banks don't open the accounts for non-residents but I will try.

Not true.

If you setup your Estonia company via good reputable company like i.e Xolo. They have a good working relationship with LHV and can get per-approval on principle and you then just travel and meet banker in Estonia to sign forms.

Reactions: Rprox
Not true.

If you setup your Estonia company via good reputable company like i.e Xolo. They have a good working relationship with LHV and can get per-approval on principle and you then just travel and meet banker in Estonia to sign forms.
Thanks you, I tried to establish relations with the bank, now I am in correspondence with them.
However, it is obvious that already at this stage I see that they need a very clear connection with Estonia, even not only the substance, but also the counterparties, which I do not have a lot.

However, it is obvious that already at this stage I see that they need a very clear connection with Estonia, even not only the substance, but also the counterparties, which I do not have a lot.

You may have to try other Eastern European banks perhaps :confused:

Reactions: Maitrey
Thanks you, I tried to establish relations with the bank, now I am in correspondence with them.
Hey! Please let me know if you have resolved your banking issue already?
This is true, Estonian Banks do not usually work with non-residents after the numerous money-laundering scandals. Although, there are still possibilities to open one in TBB if you have the right person to introduce you and you ready to provide the Bank with some substance: to pay a minimal salary and rent a small office.

Last edited:
why is it so difficult to find a good service provider to set up an offshore company. only I need is someone proffessional who is reponsive. I pay companies to do the job and have no idea what happens.
most times it's not an issue if the provider is good or bad. Banking is constantly changing so what today might be acceptable tomorrow might be not. But you can always share your problem/experience and we can try to help if we can

swedbanksuccess.png

Opening bank account is still possible (SWEDBANK , LHV ) - I have positive track record from these 2 both banks

LHV - remotely client due dilligence
SWEDBANK - personal visit required

To answer the original question: Payoneer might be a good option, or WorldFirst. Both offer accounts that "look as if" they are in real bank. If I recall correctly, Payoneer give you an account in Citibank Ireland, and WorldFirst at Citibank in Netherlands, though that might have changed.

If you don't have clear connections with Estonia, where do you have connections? That could be the place to start.

German banks likes Handelsbank might open the account directly.

You should also be able to open an account in Montenegro for your Estonian company.

Not true.

Hi, checking out forums with some Xolo experiences and reviews. Is it necessary to travel all rge way to open a Bank account? No digital signing?

Latest Threads