Our valued sponsor

EMI/Neo Bank That Offers Debit Card

Best to find a another real bank in end like Barclays or Standard Bank both in Channel Isles. Both accept Nigerian residents and offer cards.

P.S Tough times ahead.

Best to find a another real bank in end like Barclays or Standard Bank both in Channel Isles. Both accept Nigerian residents and offer cards.

P.S Tough times ahead.

Thanks for this. Any other bank suggestions apart from these two? Barclay's has a substantial minimum deposit & standard bank doesn't have the greatest review. Thanks again

Beggars can't be choosers unfortunately so I would give Standard Bank a chance.

But maybe someone else can make suggestions.

Only Barclays Bank in Channel Isles works, only there SEPA is available and free of charge for transaction. ALL other banks, like Standard Bank, Santander International, Lloyds Bank, HSBC etc. there is no SEPA and you have to pay a lot of money for each transfer. Standard Bank 40€ each transfer outside UK for example. anrid:

Whats the general concensus on Standard Bank? I became non-tax resident in my EU country and now seem not to be able to open any EU bank accounts.

They are a good bank to work with depending on where your based. They are a South African bank with a presence across the African Continent so it was a good fit for OP. Don't think it would be a good fit for you.

They are a good bank to work with depending on where your based. They are a South African bank with a presence across the African Continent so it was a good fit for OP. Don't think it would be a good fit for you.
Would you mind giving your opinion on my status?
EU resident but tax exempt. Resident (tax as well) in Balkan country not reporting financial data. I have local bank accounts and Bankera, moving around crypto and IBKR.

I use bank account just to move funds from a to b.
Do I even need a bank in a stronger jurisdiction?

Would you mind giving your opinion on my status?
EU resident but tax exempt. Resident (tax as well) in Balkan country not reporting financial data. I have local bank accounts and Bankera, moving around crypto and IBKR.

You really don't need a stronger bank jurisdiction. If your just moving money around. If you plan on parking large amounts of money then yes.

Resident (tax as well) in Balkan country not reporting financial data.
Could you share the country name? North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia? I am just curious, what country is preferred...
I have local bank accounts and Bankera, moving around crypto and IBKR.

I think that @Martin Everson is more deeply oriented in this topic then I am, so it is really 2 cents worth if I claim that I share his opinion :)

Macedonia.
Thanks for sharing. Just as a remark: for banking it would also be my first option (I am not able to judge for residency etc.)

Thanks for sharing. Just as a remark: for banking it would also be my first option (I am not able to judge for residency etc.)
When I landed here it was by pure coincidence... But supposedly banks here have relatively big reserves (10%+) and there were no issues that I'd recal (except 1 smaller bank).

Residency is not easy but they are working on some nomad visas.
And as any Balkan country, rules a loosely defined and easy to avoid.

Reactions: Forester
Only Barclays Bank in Channel Isles works, only there SEPA is available and free of charge for transaction. ALL other banks, like Standard Bank, Santander International, Lloyds Bank, HSBC etc. there is no SEPA and you have to pay a lot of money for each transfer. Standard Bank 40€ each transfer outside UK for example. anrid:
Did this work for you OP - I believe as an Nigerian it is impossible to open such accounts so I would like to know.

Latest Threads