Our valued sponsor

eSIM for two factor auth and sms verification (see topic)

Oumerty

Dec 29, 2021
London
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Posting about an issue I think is going to be more frequent among digital nomad investors/businessman and found nobody talking about it.

Most banks, EMI, crypto exchanges nowadays require SMS verification to have an active account and/or a phone number to reach you.

And most countries will hold you taxable if you own a phone number registered to their jurisdiction.

Being an extremely time wasting procedure to change the registered phone number every time you move your tax residency: I'm wondering, is there a phone number off a reputable operator you can get in a jurisdiction that won't trap you in a tax net when/if you move across the globe?

You can get a US mobile phone number through jmp.chat and even pay with Bitcoin. SMS messages will be delivered to your XMPP client of choice, which you need anyway as the service is based around the XMPP protocol. I recommend Conversations for Android. In case you'd like to make or receive calls, go with Linphone (it's VoIP client for both Android & iOS).

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

Posting about an issue I think is going to be more frequent among digital nomad investors/businessman and found nobody talking about it.

Most banks, EMI, crypto exchanges nowadays require SMS verification to have an active account and/or a phone number to reach you.

And most countries will hold you taxable if you own a phone number registered to their jurisdiction.

Being an extremely time wasting procedure to change the registered phone number every time you move your tax residency: I'm wondering, is there a phone number off a reputable operator you can get in a jurisdiction that won't trap you in a tax net when/if you move across the globe?

For US numbers try Tello or Mint.
Both esim and can be activated overseas.

Alpha leak, any carrier running on T-Mobile can be activated from overseas.

Ok

And
What if those providers get hacked or go bankrupt ?

Also paying in crypto does provide a layer of pseudonymity but having the number tied to an exchange will still link that number back to me

And so
Would the Netherlands or the us try to claim fiscal residency if I own an esim there ?

And
What if those providers get hacked or go bankrupt ?

You can get a new number from other provider, changing numbers is easy.

Also paying in crypto does provide a layer of pseudonymity but having the number tied to an exchange will still link that number back to me

You're going on overdrive man

Would the Netherlands or the us try to claim fiscal residency if I own an esim there ?

ofc not man, no country is ever gonna say you are a tax resident because you have a phone number from said jurisdiction this is nonsensical.

+ both providers I shared have no KYC requirements.

Getting a SIM card or esim in a country doesn’t make you tax resident there. This doesn’t work like that.

Imagine, digital nomads who travel the world around and buy sims everywhere would be tax residents in dozens of countries

Latest Threads