Our valued sponsor

EU: France calls for end of national tax vetoes on EU Tax Laws

Actually, it is the very definition of a democracy, which is the tyranny of the majority -- which is exactly why you need to live in a constitutional republic.

Even California has a provision in its state constitution mandating that tax increases can only be approved by a two-thirds supermajority vote of its legislature. And just look at the mess that California is in.

God bless Hungary.

Lol, Half the southern countries are on the breadbasket, it should be a regional thing (ergo country), not superstate decision (federal).
That is another great thing about the U.S., at least compared to Europe -- no national VAT.

An economist that I respect claims that the U.S. will eventually impose a VAT as a matter of necessity, because there will be no other way for the U.S. to quickly clear its immense national debt when it is eventually forced to do so -- versus risking default.

Although that would suck, a VAT is indeed an ace-in-the-hole that Europe does not possess. The U.S. could actually eliminate its national debt quite quickly by imposing a VAT. The numbers add up.

Because Europe already has a VAT, I have no clue what it will do under similar circumstances. Something far more draconian, I imagine.

Because Europe already has a VAT, I have no clue what it will do under similar circumstances. Something far more draconian, I imagine.
Maybe true reforms and some cut on social spending. Then maybe say no to stupid projects as: "non needed innovation box etc" they burn cash all time on not needed stuff. There is a lot to improve whole system is getting to big to sustain itself slowly.
Maybe stop imigration from 3world country and pay like 1000 Euro for each person.
Stop some "green CO2 nonsense" and bring nuclear plant to EU as mandatory then give us cheap energy - cheap energy = more work in EU.

On flip side in EU populists are getting elected so maybe more EUexit is on the way, some war in future after EU breakes.
If you look at GDP then EU is aiming to resolve vs China,US.

Sounds very democratic.
I see that good becouse HIGH tax countries always bullies those small to corner and end game is bad for EU as whole at the end of day.
Good that sometimes are people who stop that madness.

Latest Threads