Our valued sponsor

EU taxation of tax transparent entities (US LLCs, LLPs, NZ LTCs...)

Jerry1911

Pro Member
Oct 5, 2019
Visit site
Let's make this thread a one stop shop on taxation of tax transparent entities outside of the countries of their registration.

So for example in case a Spanish tax resident owns 100% of a US LLC.

Germany:

Spain:

Portugal:

United Kingdom:

I'm Spanish tax residents and own 100% of US LLC in Delaware. It's considered as disregarded entity. It will Not have US-connected income, so it would have 0% taxes.

Will I be needed to pay 25% corporate tax in Spain because it would be considered as spanish company?
Or, disregarded entities = sole proprietorship = sole traider and I just pay personal tax income in Spain?

There was a spanish guy, living in Spain, in Forocoches forum that talked for several pages about his US LLC. He only payed Income Tax (IRPF in spain). And did not paid Social Security Tax (he didn't pay Autonomos cuota). And had been duing this for 8 years or so (he was also a lawyer).

He didn't had either a SL or anything. He was just a normal citizen.

All the work was to save 350€ per month. His personal income tax was the same.

Because a US LLC is considered a separate legal entity in Belgium, the Belgian tax administration will not tax any of the LLC’s earnings if they are reserved and not distributed to the owner. If the LLC does make a distribution, it is generally upheld that the Belgian resident owner is entitled to the US-BE tax treaty benefits. If the LLC’s earnings are taxable in the US, Belgium must exempt the income (under the ‘exemption with progression’ method). In the opposite situation, when the LLC’s earnings are considered taxable in Belgium, such earnings would be subject to the Belgian Income Tax for Non-Resident Companies. The Belgian resident owner will not be taxed individually on the earnings.

Still need to figure out whatis the tax rate for non resident countries though....

Reactions: Jerry1911

Latest Threads