Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific bank is a scam

The lawyer I spoke serms to have a good relationship with the Commissioner. Obviously they would be reluctant to act against OCIF I would imagine which wouldn't be so good for customers if we want to hold OCIF to account.

I just don't understand why they are not keeping us informed, they famous freeze which seemed to be the main obstacle was lifted back in February, almost 4 months ago, so what is the problem now?

Reactions: orion7352
I just don't understand why they are not keeping us informed, they famous freeze which seemed to be the main obstacle was lifted back in February, almost 4 months ago, so what is the problem now?
The lawyer I spoke to told me that OCIF is aware of the poor communication from Lugo Mender. But if that's the case why hasn't she told him to communicate with customers better?

Interview with the commisioner at OCIF. Clientes de bancos internacionales recuperan su dinero ....from the 17th of April 2023....so something should happen this week at latest according to the commisioner:

GOOGLE TRANSLATED FROM LINK

“The Commissioner of Financial Institutions (OCIF), Natalia Zequeira Díaz, assured that people who had money in International Financial Institutions (EFIs) such as Euro Pacific Bank (EPB) and Bancrédito International Bank & Trust have already begun to recover their money or have at least least a certain date to receive these payments after both institutions were liquidated”

AND

“Several of the international financial entities liquidated by the OCIF have already begun to pay their depositors or will do so within the next few months”

Interview with the commisioner at OCIF. Clientes de bancos internacionales recuperan su dinero ....from the 17th of April 2023....so something should happen this week at latest according to the commisioner:

GOOGLE TRANSLATED FROM LINK

“The Commissioner of Financial Institutions (OCIF), Natalia Zequeira Díaz, assured that people who had money in International Financial Institutions (EFIs) such as Euro Pacific Bank (EPB) and Bancrédito International Bank & Trust have already begun to recover their money or have at least least a certain date to receive these payments after both institutions were liquidated”

AND

“Several of the international financial entities liquidated by the OCIF have already begun to pay their depositors or will do so within the next few months”
It's funny how the Commissioner was trying to claim credit for customers receiving their funds, as if those funds were in jeopardy prior to her action to put Euro Pacific Bank into receivership, and OCIF saved the customers. The truth is that had OCIF not stepped in, every customer could have withdrawn 100% of their deposits a year ago. Or had OCIF allowed Qenta to buy the bank, those deposits would have been available to any customers who wanted them the entire time.

It's funny how the Commissioner was trying to claim credit for customers receiving their funds, as if those funds were in jeopardy prior to her action to put Euro Pacific Bank into receivership, and OCIF saved the customers. The truth is that had OCIF not stepped in, every customer could have withdrawn 100% of their deposits a year ago. Or had OCIF allowed Qenta to buy the bank, those deposits would have been available to any customers who wanted them the entire time.

She's only concerned with her reputation in front of the public. I hope at some point the media learns the fact that her actions made things unnecessarily worse.

Reactions: Marie Manila
The lawyer I spoke to told me that OCIF is aware of the poor communication from Lugo Mender. But if that's the case why hasn't she told him to communicate with customers better?
Poor communication with customers is the least of the problems. The big problem is his obstruction of the process, which unnecessarily complicates and delays the return of customer funds and the liquidation of the bank. Of course, the obvious conflict of interest between the receiver and everyone else is that the longer this is process is drawn out, the more money the receiver makes. This is the inherent problem of receivership, and why I tried so hard to convince the OCIF Commissioner to avoid it.

I started new thread for Customer fund held in Brokerage account ....What happened to that fund ?

I started new thread for Customer fund held in Brokerage account ....What happened to that fund ?
Yes, customers get their money back. Qenta is handling that.

Reactions: troubled soul
Poor communication with customers is the least of the problems. The big problem is his obstruction of the process, which unnecessarily complicates and delays the return of customer funds and the liquidation of the bank. Of course, the obvious conflict of interest between the receiver and everyone else is that the longer this is process is drawn out, the more money the receiver makes. This is the inherent problem of receivership, and why I tried so hard to convince the OCIF Commissioner to avoid it.
In a twisted world where justice is a piece of paper, with no equality, it will never work. We all appreciate your involvement in this unique situation, however, as long as money rules the world, there will always be a weak and twisted person. I think no matter what that one person or more will do, he/she still deserves a walk of shame in front of every EPB customer. What a selfish creature he/she must be to expose innocent people to such dilemmas and life dramas. I can't get it in my head.

Reactions: Radko

The question is, why did the Commissioner insist on appointing a Receiver instead of letting you liquidate the bank, she would have accomplished the return of the funds to customers and closing the bank much, much, faster.
I don't understand why she did what she did.

The question is, why did the Commissioner insist on appointing a Receiver instead of letting you liquidate the bank, she would have accomplished the return of the funds to customers and closing the bank much, much, faster.
I don't understand why she did what she did.

I bet there is mutual interest in that.
Because putting the bank into receivership made me look bad. Plus it allowed the Commissioner to look good by taking decisive action to protect customers.

Because putting the bank into receivership made me look bad. Plus it allowed the Commissioner to look good by taking decisive action to protect customers.

It's understandable and easy to predict, Peter. For one, it's a chance to issue a 10k invoice each month, for the other, it's priceless political capital. Each stool is governed by its own laws. As long as the sausages are on the grill, there's a line up until they're ready to eat. A simple rule in the animal world.

Two facts:

1. At no time has the Receiver or OCIF ever told customers that they promise to pay back their money.

2. At no time has the Receiver or OCIF ever told customers why they are still holding on to their money.

It's not even a covered up fraud. It's blatant.
Let's call it by its name. It's a mid-day robbery. Conscious action to the detriment of all of us.It is a robbery in the middle of the day.

Latest Threads