Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific Bank wants 150 USD for account statement --- need advice

Silent

Apr 28, 2022
Paraguay
Visit site
I had a USD account with Euro Pacific Bank, that was closed in March 2022. My problem has already begun in October 2021. Since that month,
the bank did not issue any more USD account statements (despite I contacted them and solicited those statements). Already in mid-2021, the bank
informed me that USD transfers are impossible due to regulatory issues, and I had to convert them into any other currency before making outgoing transfers.
Recently in April I got automated messages that these missing account statements are available, however, I could not download them (account already closed).
So I contacted the support asking to e-mail these statements.
Here is their reply:

Dear XXX,
This is XXX at Client Services. Thank you for your email.
We acknowledge your request and must inform you that we can email you the statements, however, due to your account being closed with us, our security protocol requires that you are validated via telephone and we must receive your confirmation/acceptance to have the statement sent you to via email. This is required before we can proceed with the request.
Kindly note there will be a charge of USD ($150.00) for processing these documents.
If you agree to be validated via telephone, please schedule a call with me here https://XXXXXXXXXXXXX
If you have any questions you can reach us at 1888-527-4041.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

This is totally absurd, my correspondence e-mail was registered with them during account opening, so no changed contact details. Here they create artificially a problem.
My account data are available to the tax authorities of my country anyway, so they are quite public. And 150 USD for sending a statement they have failed to issue in time is a fraud. This seems a case to file a complaint, but where?

• Wow
Reactions: clemens
forget this scam bank , i wonder if some of their rapresentative. will show up?
probably you should take a lawyer who cost fortune beter to pay , but i will be not surprised if they ask 500 usd to send you ups with original statment because their email is not working properly

Reactions: 12345
The fee isn't entirely unreasonable for obtaining a statement for a closed account, given what type of bank it is.

I don't think your chances of paying less than 150 USD in fees or lost time to get a statement through other means (lawyer, regulator, social media campaign) are particularly high.

Consider yourself lucky the account is closed and that this will be your final interaction with them.

How much of your time in $150 worth?
That is a question many should ask them self before they start spending a lot of time on something that can't be changed.

Consider yourself lucky the account is closed and that this will be your final interaction with them.
I totally agree.

This bank still around? ns2. It's like a zombie in a horror movie that just wont die.

the bank did not issue any more USD account statements (despite I contacted them and solicited those statements). Already in mid-2021, the bank
informed me that USD transfers are impossible due to regulatory issues, and I had to convert them into any other currency before making outgoing transfers.

I would email them and explain the situation and CC in the Puerto Rico regulator. Otherwise you have to bite the bullet and pay.

Hopefully others learn from what happens when you deal with such a a joke entity.

Latest Threads