Our valued sponsor

Extremely Difficult to Open Bank Account for Offshore company

Beggars can't be choosers.

I think this sums it up.

Banking offshore shell companies is not really in the risk appetite of high street banks sadly.

Reactions: uranium and ilke
maybe my face looks dodgy?

Well it wont help if you walk in looking like the below regardless of if you have German or NZ passport.

iu

Well it wont help if you walk in looking like the below regardless of if you have German or NZ passport.

iu

I think what you mean, @Martin Everson , is something like the below? Get a proper t-shirt, trim beard, and add glasses for a sophisiticated look; colourful shirt that conveys progressive values helps to build trust for AML compliance purposes.
"When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do" they say.

1717664650976.jpeg

Last edited:
i think quality of this forum is going a bit down
No, I don't think so. Many people need new knowledge presented with images rather than text. Studies have found this to be true in the learning process of school children.smi(&%

Last edited:
ah ok you think our level is the on of children , i will ask my son 11 year old to start posting on this forum , hope you have nothing against , i am sure he can post nice cartoons
I wish I was on a forum like this when I was 11 years old, would have slapped me to reality way sooner and saved me from all the years of looking at digital boobs.

Reactions: sinos and jafo
high street banks do not do this unless a major flag is raised manually.
Hahahaha, you have to catch up. High street banks also do this since the last 1-2 years.

The latest AML/ATF directives demand banks to work like this. Its wreaking havoc and has even put local companies in EU countries out of business already. Some have had to go to court to get a judge force a bank to let the customer keep his account.

The era to open a bank account with some sort of high street bank is over for most people without a least a few millions they can deposit after the account opening.

There may be banks in Cyprus and Belize so in Costa Rica and Dominica that open accounts, they are smaller banks and need customers, but banks like HSBC, Barclays and so forth won't touch you if you try open an account for you new Seychelles LTD.

Reactions: jafo
The era to open a bank account with some sort of high street bank is over for most people without a least a few millions they can deposit after the account opening.

There may be banks in Cyprus and Belize so in Costa Rica and Dominica that open accounts, they are smaller banks and need customers, but banks like HSBC, Barclays and so forth won't touch you if you try open an account for you new Seychelles LTD.
Cyprus isnt Cyprus anymore in that sense. Until 2010-ish offshore providers I worked with, had IBAN numbers on a list and could allocate those to clients. The accounts were immediately active and the client details were shared later.

Reactions: DomOCT and jafo
It's very easy to open accounts for offshore companies. You just need a big deposit or you need to be a PROFITABLE client for the bank.

I don't know if I can share the link so google and you will find a big list of banks in many jurisdictions that open accounts for offshore companies, along with the min deposit requirement and fees. Depending on your situation you can find a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you advertising something here? Its a violation of forum policy. Reported.
Ironically by quoting the reported post your post now contains information that was removed.

• Haha
Reactions: GPT and ilke
Hey everyone,

I run an online business (mixed services and ecom) making $1.2m in annual revenue (USD). Recently, I moved my business entity and operations to Hong Kong to minimize taxes.

I've had trouble opening a high street bank account in several countries:

- Several European countries: Denied because I don't have a physical presence or local tax residency. (Austria, Germany, Ireland, Slovakia, France)
- USA: They wanted an LLC and denied
- Singapore: No response to my emails.
- UK: No response to my emails.

I even traveled to these countries and visited bank branches in person after getting email confirmations, but they still refused to open an account for me (maybe my face looks dodgy?).

When I request to open an account, I mention I'm a resident of Germany (one of my three nationalities), even though I don't actually live there.

I do not need an EMI, i need a REAL high street bank account in any of these currencies: EUR/USD/GBP

Does anyone know of a country where I can open a real bank account remotely or with high success rate so I don't waste money on trips any longer?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
did you travel to Hong Kong to take a personal meeting with some agent there and maybe a few banks?