Our valued sponsor

Fake TIF number

Yes, perhaps / I guess so, too :). Nevertheless, what I have posted above is valid for any case – IMO.

Kind of... I agree with your way of proceeding by the way, but looks like OP is interested in appearing a Portuguese tax resident to the Portuguese bank, so that Romania is not informed about his account through CRS, but without actually being a Portuguese tax resident, so that he doesn't have to pay Portuguese tax either.

There are ways to achieve this but I won't recommend any of them, legal tax avoidance is surely the way to go... I would just do what you suggested in your first sentences (inform the Portuguese bank about being a tax resident of Romania and deal with CRS information, especially since the amount is relatively small and tax/fines in Romania are low), or just leave Romania to a country where one can legally live tax-free.

Reactions: Forester
I wished! There are so many things I don't know and they far exceed what I do know. Some things I don't even know that I don't know rof/%

Well, I think you know the usual suspects... You have fully tax-free but more expensive countries like UAE (really easy to set up a FZ and live there legally), or cheaper countries that have some sort of territorial taxation that allow you to live tax-free if you plan accordingly, such as Thailand, Panama, Paraguay, etc.

Then you also have the non-CRS countries that don't really care or don't have a developed tax agency and don't tax foreign income yet, like Laos or Cambodia.

In any case, Romania is really not that bad with 10% tax, especially for earnings below $100K. But if OP doesn't want to give anything to the Romanian government, planting the right flags on the aforementioned countries (or any other similar ones) should be a good, completely legal solution for him.

Reactions: jafo and Forester
I think that OP is more interested in hiding the money/not being investigated than in doing legal tax avoidance.

Kind of... I agree with your way of proceeding by the way, but looks like OP is interested in appearing a Portuguese tax resident to the Portuguese bank, so that Romania is not informed about his account through CRS, but without actually being a Portuguese tax resident, so that he doesn't have to pay Portuguese tax either.

There are ways to achieve this but I won't recommend any of them, legal tax avoidance is surely the way to go... I would just do what you suggested in your first sentences (inform the Portuguese bank about being a tax resident of Romania and deal with CRS information, especially since the amount is relatively small and tax/fines in Romania are low), or just leave Romania to a country where one can legally live tax-free.

NO. Fines in Romania are not low, if they come backwards they come with at less 0.12 %/day , and you will have to pay more than you earned. i don't want to give any $ to a country where i was not even leaving while i did those money, and i am also not interesting right now into "hidding into crypto" , because i don't want to restart the "clock again".

I can show Romanians/portughese i haven't deposited any money in the last 3 years. All the companies i used to exchange my e-gold, perfectmoney are now vanished.
They were "black exchange companies". or maybe they were some offshore companies, but are no longer online now.

Romanian IRS is not just thirsty after money now, but it is thirst to punish people (webcam girls, webcam studio owners, youtubers, programmers) in order to show the whole population the "system works" as is better to pay taxes.

I can't show them any work proof in the past 5-10 years , as i was literally not working, nor do i plan to work again any time soon.

In any case, Romania is really not that bad with 10% tax, especially for earnings below $100K. But if OP doesn't want to give anything to the Romanian government, planting the right flags on the aforementioned countries (or any other similar ones) should be a good, completely legal solution for him.

10% tax and 10% mandatory health care. And the penalties fines is like 0.12%/day!

Reactions: jafo
NO. Fines in Romania are not low, if they come backwards they come with at less 0.12 %/day , and you will have to pay more than you earned. i don't want to give any $ to a country where i was not even leaving while i did those money, and i am also not interesting right now into "hidding into crypto" , because i don't want to restart the "clock again".

I can show Romanians/portughese i haven't deposited any money in the last 3 years. All the companies i used to exchange my e-gold, perfectmoney are now vanished.
They were "black exchange companies". or maybe they were some offshore companies, but are no longer online now.

Romanian IRS is not just thirsty after money now, but it is thirst to punish people (webcam girls, webcam studio owners, youtubers, programmers) in order to show the whole population the "system works" as is better to pay taxes.

I can't show them any work proof in the past 5-10 years , as i was literally not working, nor do i plan to work again any time soon.

10% tax and 10% mandatory health care. And the penalties fines is like 0.12%/day!
My advice to you is LEAVE! I don't know where you should go, but you need to LEAVE now!

Nobody on here, even the most well-meaning law-abiding person, has ANY idea what it is to go against the most entitled unproductive gang members in the tax collection departments...unless they have already been through the meat grinder.

Stop wasting your time looking for written solutions, i.e. laws. You need to leave the sinking ship! You can't plug the holes of the sinking ship! Leave now! Just pack up and leave!

Reactions: JohnnyDoe

I think that the statute of limitations in Romania is 5 years.

By the way, you don't need to pay 10% health care on all of your income, you can just set up a micro company, and take most of your money as dividends at 8%. If you make enough money you can structure this properly with a low salary, and pay an effective tax rate of ~10%.

My advice to you is LEAVE! I don't know where you should go, but you need to LEAVE now!

Nobody on here, even the most well-meaning law-abiding person, has ANY idea what it is to go against the most entitled unproductive gang members in the tax collection departments...unless they have already been through the meat grinder.

Stop wasting your time looking for written solutions, i.e. laws. You need to leave the sinking ship! You can't plug the holes of the sinking ship! Leave now! Just pack up and leave!

Sure, those stocks pay me dividents, i don't want to go out, and when i return to readd the money and wait 6 more years, a time when any idiot can shoot in the foot for fun.