Our valued sponsor

FREELANCE PERMITS in Dubai,UAE license cost details and provider

After having received such a permit, does it *oblige* one to actually live in Dubai? If not, what's the minimum amount of days per year one will have to spend in Dubai?
If you require a local bank account then you will require residency and to keep it up youneed to travel to the UAE every 180 days. The 180 days start from the day you leave.

Other

Reactions: troubled soul
If you require a local bank account then you will require residency and to keep it up youneed to travel to the UAE every 180 days. The 180 days start from the day you leave.

1 day every 6 months, or 2 days per year, in Dubai will do, right? And is it the absolute minimum? I've heard from someone about 1 day / year.

I'd need residency, but not necessarily a bank account. And without a bank account, how many days per year?

Last edited:
The thing is, I wouldn't want to live in Dubai and I could endure a few days per year that may be required. But I'd need those documents and perks that come with freelance visa - residency, Dubai bank accounts and other things -- as they'd help me to open bank accounts else where, apply for visas, open EMIs and payment processors and specify UAE as my country of residency, and do business in general...

That freelance visa will give me official UAE residency, temporary one, with an UAE document or ID, which I'll have to renew year by year, correct?

Last edited:
its just under 6 months so approximately every 175 days to be safe. So if you left in January 1st then you need to be back by May 25 ish. But if you went back on the 1st of April then you wont need to go back until the 25 September. The definition of being in UAE is going through immigration. So you could be on transit from Paris to Bangkok have a 4 hour layover in Dubai. Leave the airport for coffee, get a stamp and then get your flight. Your 180 days starts then.

its just under 6 months so approximately every 175 days to be safe. So if you left in January 1st then you need to be back by May 25 ish. But if you went back on the 1st of April then you wont need to go back until the 25 September. The definition of being in UAE is going through immigration. So you could be on transit from Paris to Bangkok have a 4 hour layover in Dubai. Leave the airport for coffee, get a stamp and then get your flight. Your 180 days starts then.
That's better.

And regarding my 2nd question? -->
"That freelance visa will give me official UAE residency, temporary one, with an UAE document or some kind of ID?" Which I then can renew every year.

Do it properly see post below. Don't cut corners.

https://gofreelance.ae/
AED 7,500 Permit (Annually)
AED 2,000 Establishment Card (Annually)
AED 3,900 Residency Visa (3 years incl. Medical Test, Visa Stamping, Emirates ID Card)
AED 10,000 Private Health Insurance (Annually)
AED 17,000 Studio Apartment (Annual Cost)

AED 40,400 Total (9,300 Euros for 1 year)

Reactions: Rprox
Then comes Martin and the price increases 5 times.
As I've said, I don't want to live in UAE. Then which among those things will remain as an absolute minimum and are necessarily? The first 3 only: Permit, Establishment and Residency Visa?

Last edited:
Then comes Martin and the price increases 5 times.

Only 5 times? smi(&%

As I've said, I don't want to live in UAE. Then which among those things will remain as an absolute minimum and are necessarily? The first 3 only: Permit, Establishment and Residency Visa?

If you don't plan on living there and doing thing properly then don't bother. All are needed but prices for the last two are market dependent.

Reactions: troubled soul
* I don't want to live there
* I want to do thing properly and I'll be willing to visit UAE once per 180 day. Even for 3 days per every 180 days

Two points that are incompatible. A little dicky bird tells me that those 1 day every 6 month residents claiming tax residency in Dubai are in for a nasty surprise ;).

Reactions: EliasIT and gmbh
But since I'd have a residency, wouldn't I also become a tax resident in UAE?

Residency is the ability to live somewhere. This does not mean you are a tax resident. You can have multiple residencies. You can also trigger tax resident status in multiple jurisdictions. This is where tax treaties come in.

To confirm the status of a tax residency in UAE for banks and fiscal authorities in the country of your citizenship, you would need a tax residency certificate.

If you are a perpetual traveler and you do not trigger tax residency status anywhere, then your tax residence should come down to the closer connection test.

Where is your home?
Where is your business?
Where do you perform the work for your business?
Where do you bank?
Where are your wife/children?
Where are your personal possessions?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjrapy and EliasIT
Two points that are incompatible. A little dicky bird tells me that those 1 day every 6 month residents claiming tax residency in Dubai are in for a nasty surprise ;).
Why incompatible? Even here it's already been said that 1 day per 6 months will do.
And in general, I'm a good guy :p It's just that 1 day per 6 months is how much I can tolerate that desert with skyscrapers.

Reactions: Medialounge11
To gain a tax certificate you have to be physically present in the UAE for 183 days in a year.
Everything is digital over there so they automatically know how many days you have been there.
You still have to supply proof via bank statement, tenancy or title deed, ID, Passport and a few other docs to the Ministry of Finance.

Latest Threads