Our valued sponsor

Freelancer taxes

fuxlg

Sep 23, 2022
EU
Visit site
Hey guys, i only recently started to earn enough money to ( maybe ) start worry about it and im hoping to get some advice from more experienced peoples.
I am freelancer from Latvia, no company, receiving money from Israel on Payoneer.
I will earn 35,000 - 40,000 eur per year and my govt want to have 30% of it which in my opinion is too big piece of a pie to share..

Could someone please suggest if this is reasonable amount to start thinking about offshore company?
Is this amount enough for govt to start even care?
Is there any better option to receive money than Payoneer to stay a bit more out of govt radar?

Thanks for your time!

Relocate. Don't risk problems over 40k.
Relocate where?
(I'm just curious what advice would you give in this case)

Maybe you could consider moving to Croatia
This is not an advice, but they don't tax freelancers so it might be something worth looking into.
I think this is something still new so I haven't seen any feedback about how it works on this forum (or elsewhere) so far.

you complain about 30%?
I work in one of the best country in europe (considered as so) and pay all in around 50-55%... Which is just disgusting.

Don't worry mate. I will setup a cashbang asmr (like Mukbang) youtube channel of me counting and spending my tax free cash to make you feel better smi(&%.

• Haha
Reactions: melzvy and JimBeam
Relocate where?
(I'm just curious what advice would you give in this case)

Maybe you could consider moving to Croatia
This is not an advice, but they don't tax freelancers so it might be something worth looking into.
I think this is something still new so I haven't seen any feedback about how it works on this forum (or elsewhere) so far.
What about pensions and social contributions? I've never heard that Croatia does not tax freelancers. Are there any limits? Certain freelancers can make seven-figure income. I find it hard to believe they won't come after you.

Latest Threads