Our valued sponsor

Freelancers Business Development Sales

cangarooo

Offshore Agent
May 26, 2010
Switzerland
Visit site
It's more a consideration than a request.
Given the today work flexibility request, especially from younger generations, having a freelancer job seems to be like a dream.
Or at least that's what I thought.
The reality of the facts seems to be quite different.
A close friend of mine is the founder of a small sw house producing a Trading SW.
The today customer base is ok but of course, the company would like to grow and expand.
In the last 3 months, they are trying to approach freelancers to join and take care about sales growth as they cannot afford yet to have fixed costs.
Yes, the model is commission basis only ... but the commissions % are defiitely attractive.
There are no minimum or maximum, no obbligations, no restrictions.
Well, so far ZERO, nothing, bananas!!! All people approached (or who have applied) are asking for a fixed salary, holidays, benefits and bonuses.
Maybe it's me as I've personaly learned that "the more you work, the more you get" and nothing is granted.
I'm wondering if this is the basis of freelancing or it's a different way to get "subsides".
Sorry for the outburst

Given the today work flexibility request, especially from younger generations, having a freelancer job seems to be like a dream.
A close friend of mine is the founder of a small sw house producing a Trading SW.
The today customer base is ok but of course, the company would like to grow and expand.
In the last 3 months, they are trying to approach freelancers to join and take care about sales growth as they cannot afford yet to have fixed costs.
Yes, the model is commission basis only ... but the commissions % are defiitely attractive.
Well, so far ZERO, nothing, bananas!!! All people approached (or who have applied) are asking for a fixed salary, holidays, benefits and bonuses.
Maybe it's me as I've personaly learned that "the more you work, the more you get" and nothing is granted.
I'm wondering if this is the basis of freelancing or it's a different way to get "subsides".
Sorry for the outburst

Why would someone chose for a freelance sales job, where no income is guaranteed.

Anyone who is good at sales can easily find a job with a good basic salary, good commission and mostly sales people have already some flexibility as long as they achieve sales.

Sometimes it takes months to achieve sales, so they will do two months promotion of the products without any income and uncertainty they will even get a decent income?

The profile your friend is looking for, is someone who is already entrepreneurial themselves.

Above is just my opinion.

So if you want to attract good sales people you will need to offer some stability (fixed salary with benefits), commission based incentive and flexibility.

Reactions: RealDude
Sorry for the outburst
Hey, can you contact me about details ? I might help you with that.

Sorry for the outburst
Contact me in person with more info about your friend's company, I may be able to help

Latest Threads