Our valued sponsor

From PayPal (customer's) to Transferwise (mine) --> possible?

blackeric

Nov 19, 2019
Visit site
A client has corporate PayPal and it's convenient for thim to use it. Whereas for me not, Transferwise is better for me.

Can he send USD from his PayPal to my borderless TW account? now in 2019. People say that it used to be possible, there're instructions out there. But since recently, it appears, they say it's no longe possible.

Or to Paysend from his PayPal?

TW account has to be in the same name as the PP account if you want to avoid any troubles. I know if you ask PP support they say it doesn't matter AND I know that in certain cases there is no problem if it's different but generally speaking it has.

I was researching this some time ago... And what I found out is that if you're adding us bank account (which you would add if you want to connect TW with pp) PayPal doesn't know to who the bank account belongs to.. so you could in theory connect any us bank account with pp. You will have to verify it of course but that is not a problem

Reactions: Spinat
I agree with that, but even with a verified PP account and TW account, a debit card and a extra credit card all verified and a call to PP support you will have a limited account for some time.

Ok my situation was like this :

I had a verified perianal pp account
My girlfriend (different last name and address ) had payoneer and I had my own payoneer
I connected both payoneer accounts to PayPal , using their us bank account , at first pp didn't let me..
So I called them and asked what is wrong , they asked if I'm trying to connect virtual bank account , I said of course not.. I opened that account myself in USA ... They said ok , you will get an email from us.. got the email like few hours later that I have 24 hrs to connect that account with my pp .
Same thing for my girlfriend

Then I needed to verify the bank accounts , they deposit a small sum or they withdraw idk but you need to verify it like that , very easy... And simple

After that I used that setup for a few years , for the last two years I don't use pp and more... I closed my account.

So don't know who is paying to who in your case but if something didn't change you should be able to connect TW with PayPal , then you'll need to verify the tw bank account and that's it.. should be good to go.. also bare in mind that if pp asks you of it's virtual bank account you have to say that it isn't and that you opened your account yourself.. in USA.

Reactions: daxbr
verify for what? For sending money from PP too it? Or only if I need to spend money from it?
That is, my client would need to verify my TW account added to his PP before sending money?
You have to verify your account if it gets limited by PayPal. They made it very clear in their Terms and also when you login to your account, click limits and actually read what they say there.

A client has corporate PayPal and it's convenient for thim to use it. Whereas for me not, Transferwise is better for me.

Can he send USD from his PayPal to my borderless TW account? now in 2019. People say that it used to be possible, there're instructions out there. But since recently, it appears, they say it's no longe possible.

Or to Paysend from his PayPal?
He can not send from his PayPal to your transferwise account.
He can transfer to his own bank account. It might technically be possible that he links your transferwise account to his PayPal, the names in the accounts are supposed to match but its not always checked. However then he could also withdraw from your account (transferwise doesn't support that yet, but says they are working on it).

You can link Transferwise borderless usd to PayPal, it doesn't always work but normally.

Well, I have withdrawn money from PayPal to Transferwise many times. What exactly is the problem here?

But is the PP and the TW account in the same currency and same country? If so it usually doesn't matter. Exceptions may apply for US and UK PP accounts.

Different countries. Currency - same.
Okay

So pretty sure you can do it... Easy enough to try and see for yourself...
I totally agree, it would be faster to simply try with a small amount then waiting for replies here which most often wouldn't be anything else then simply suggestions.

Latest Threads