Our valued sponsor

Getting married in the process of investing is future wife entitled to future gains ?

newbieshore

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
So i have some capital I will be investing is my future wife entitled to the gains?

I have the capital right now, I will be investing it it here in the next 3-6 weeks. I am thinking of getting married in September or so after I made my investment, is my future wife entitled to those profits in the future?

I like in Arizona USA

Reactions: MiltonStone
Arizona is a community property state. Community property generally means that spouses equally share ownership of anything purchased, acquired, or paid for during the marriage no matter who uses the property, who paid for the property, or whose name is on the title to the property.

Arizona law defines separate property as property that is acquired prior to marriage, or received as a gift from a third party, or received by inheritance. This also includes gains on such property (such as rent, interest, etc.). If somebody transfers their separate property from one account to another, or if they purchase assets with such separate property, what they buy or invest in generally stays separate property so long as they can show where the funds came from.

But speak to a qualified family law attorney in Arizona to be sure.

Arizona is a community property state. Community property generally means that spouses equally share ownership of anything purchased, acquired, or paid for during the marriage no matter who uses the property, who paid for the property, or whose name is on the title to the property.
Pretty bad if you don't like your wife any longer!