Our valued sponsor

Gibraltar - Is it the best option for me?

No, from HMRC:
A foreign company is a CFC if it’s a non-resident UK company that’s controlled by a UK resident person or persons.

UK corporate tax resident generally:
Residence of a company is determined according to where its central management and control is to be found

with self-sufficient residence in Malta and companies in Gibraltar, do CFC apply?

so Gibraltar registered office Malta operational headquarters (remote work)
Malta could ask me for taxes?

Keep it simple. If the Gibraltar company is not gonna be tax resident in Gibraltar because mangament, control and place of operation is not in Gibraltar then where you think the Gibraltar company is gonna be tax resident? ns2

Reactions: Sols and JohnLocke
i work remotely.
Gibraltar registered office and Malta operational headquarters, in this case, Do I have to pay taxes in Malta?

Work remotely from where..outer space? ns2

If the company is not tax resident in Gibraltar and its place of operation, management and control is in Malta then that is where it will be considered tax resident. It would be an abuse of your resident non-domicile status to say the company is non-resident when it's run from Malta and all money is earned from Malta while your sat in your Malta apartment typing on a keyboard as a 1 man company....lol.

The best way is to proper structure the company so it really is an offshore company managed and controlled from Gibraltar. Then you can say any money earned from it really is offshore income.

Speak to an offshore agent they may have solutions that give your company more real presence in Gibraltar. Or get a clear tax ruling from Malta tax commissioner to cover your back.

Last edited:

Latest Threads