Our valued sponsor

Going the route Flag Theory, how does this looks?

Good topic but missing some context, like if you write second flag: Luxembourg, what is that, citizenship, residency, bank account? Also the reasoning behind why that particular country / jurisdiction etc.

Also are we talking about an ideal setup or our current one?

Anyway, here's my ideal one

Citizenships:
Origin
one in Latam (Mexico is good)
one in the Caribbean (would only use it in caricom region anyway)

Residency:
UAE (business),
Thailand (net food exporter, good climate, cheap, different vibe)
Mexico (no restrictions and can work towards citizenship)

Business
UAE as holding + jurisdiction of choice depending on business

Banking
Singapore (wealth protection)
UAE (transactions mostly and smaller amounts)
Switzerland (not sure yet if redundant)

Places to spend time / live / enjoy
Winter - UAE + Asia or Latam
Spring and Fall - Mediterranean
Summer - Home country and mountains

P. S. I'm not sure if non-EU citizens should even aim to get an EU citizenship, it doesn't bring too much these days and EU has a grim outlook.

Anyway hope this adds some value and happy to hear your thoughts.

Good topic but missing some context, like if you write second flag: Luxembourg, what is that, citizenship, residency, bank account? Also the reasoning behind why that particular country / jurisdiction etc.

Also are we talking about an ideal setup or our current one?

Anyway, here's my ideal one

Citizenships:
Origin
one in Latam (Mexico is good)
one in the Caribbean (would only use it in caricom region anyway)

Residency:
UAE (business),
Thailand (net food exporter, good climate, cheap, different vibe)
Mexico (no restrictions and can work towards citizenship)

Business
UAE as holding + jurisdiction of choice depending on business

Banking
Singapore (wealth protection)
UAE (transactions mostly and smaller amounts)
Switzerland (not sure yet if redundant)

Places to spend time / live / enjoy
Winter - UAE + Asia or Latam
Spring and Fall - Mediterranean
Summer - Home country and mountains

P. S. I'm not sure if non-EU citizens should even aim to get an EU citizenship, it doesn't bring too much these days and EU has a grim outlook.

Anyway hope this adds some value and happy to hear your thoughts.
that's very detailed and a much better way to make your consideration and your mind up. It's just not easy for people who may not know exactly what country offers what.

Reactions: JohnDones
always do your homework, spend a few hours drafting your flag setup and reconsider it over some days, go back, write down up's / down's - reconsider your setup and take action.

Reactions: Golden Fleece
always do your homework, spend a few hours drafting your flag setup and reconsider it over some days, go back, write down up's / down's - reconsider your setup and take action.
Better yet, hang out on chat sites such as this one during your free time, absorb information over months and years, and slowly become a lay expert. Then make your move when the time is right.

It is better to slowly acquire knowledge in your spare time, almost like a hobby, than react in haste and make serious mistakes.

Reactions: RickSorkin and KDX
Better yet, hang out on chat sites such as this one during your free time, absorb information over months and years, and slowly become a lay expert. Then make your move when the time is right.

It is better to slowly acquire knowledge in your spare time, almost like a hobby, than react in haste and make serious mistakes.
If you did anything with your setup prior to reading this forum its like reading medical forums after having some sort of symptoms, it's always cancer :p

I think if we deposit 20000 usd in phillipines bank we can get the residence card( srvv - i think).Please feel free to correct me .And do give feedback guys.That is how we get better solutions here.
I explained it a few days ago here -> Malaysia MM2H worth it? how to get started (post #9).
Do take not that the program might get a significant overhaul after the elections (higher minimum amounts, different age categories - it is all in flux).

I explained it a few days ago here -> Malaysia MM2H worth it? how to get started (post #9).
Do take not that the program might get a significant overhaul after the elections (higher minimum amounts, different age categories - it is all in flux).
Oh i thought i can get it .I am just 38.You say its age has been raised to 50.Then i cant get it i think for phillipines.

Oh i thought i can get it .I am just 38.You say its age has been raised to 50.Then i cant get it i think for phillipines.
Correct.
They raised the minimum age in 2021 after reinstating the program (it was suspended for about a year).
You can still go for the Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), albeit the required minimum investment amount is much higher.

About Georgia: Better think twice. Good times are over. Territorial taxation is about to be abolished soon. Look it up - this forum is full of advice regarding this matter.

If you can arrange yourself, do some research about Egypt. It is a non-aligned nation and therefore does not care about European Union bullying.

Any basis for saying so?
Yes, just go through my former posts with regards to Georgia. It's all in there.

Short form: Look up what I wrote about the reason why Georgia currently has territorial taxation (it is relatively new and was an invention of former president Saakashvili), combine that with the time for what it was initially instated and you end up in year 2023.
Also understand that current tax laws only provide tax free status to GSE A- and B-listings until 2023.
Unfortunately, something new is now also on the list: The European Union and it's demand for tax harmonisation (that is a new thing because GE applied for accelerated membership).

Latest Threads