Our valued sponsor

Going the route Flag Theory, how does this looks?

tacokai

Mentor Group Lifetime
Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
I have read a little about the five flag theory and other flag theory information I have found all around the Internet.

Personally I live in Germany right now.

If I have to sum it all up my personal Flag Theory would look like this (it's just out of what I read and has onyl 3 flags :) )

First Flag:
Second citizenship in Romania preferable Swiss but I doubt it is possible.

Goal is to get a max 15% personal income tax to pay to any damn government, that should easily be achieved with the Romanian citizenship.
Any better suggestion is welcome?

The Swiss citizenship would be preferable because of the reputation and the future of traveling, maybe relocate there or whatever the future brings, Swiss is just the DIAMOND among all countries in Europe.

Second Flag:
Business setup, I prefer again a Swiss AG which is setup in Zug if possible, in order to get the lowest possible corporate tax, I believe you can get it down to almost a nice blank 0% if you structure it right there. Beside that, Swiss has again a good reputation, finding a Neobank or EMI or even a real bank may be way easier.

Should it be impossible to get the Swiss setup, I will be going and visit @Fred in his glass house in Dubai, he may setup a company with banking for me if I buy him a bear and stick him 10K to get things done :D

Romanian Micro Company with a 0% corporate tax looks also appealing to me, I'm just not sure who can help with the ENTIRE setup there. Well I read the exclusive article in Mentor Group Gold
But still not sure how exactly I should do it and if it will help me achieve the rest of my goals.

Third Flag
Relocating to the paradise on earth. I consider to visit Martin Islands which sounds like a well likeable island in the Caribbean (for those not familiar with offshorecorptalk) Martin Islands is the Bahamas. However, Hurricanes and other forces of nature hold me away from sitting on this island drinking beer with @Martin Everson the whole day long.

So I'm looking into Andorra, Ireland and other options. This is the part I'm not at all are clear about in my mind. Can't figure out where the paradise is that I'm looking for.

I will update this thread as I go, not for all you guys reading this, but to remind myself of the goals I set today where I posted this thread. To look back to what my goals was today when I look back in a year, two or three.

Feel free to comment or put a smiley on thu&¤#

First Flag: My home country (Passport)
Second Flag: Dubai (Residency with Zero Tax + Business in freezone )
Third Flag : Singapore (Asset Protection)
Forth Flag: Lombok (Indonesian), Ko Samui (Thailand), Maldives (Paradise to peace)
@azb1 your flag theory maintains a close proximity around MEA and asian regions along side an economically viable index overall

1st Flag:Small uk island territory(citizen)
2nd Flag:Grenada (Tranquility &Stability)
3rd Flag:Aruba (Offshore Tourism)
4th Flag: BVI(Aristocratic Hideout)

While I'm in the same boat as @tacokai I have been researching the last few years what to do and what to avoid.

I was not familiar with the Flag Theory nor that there was such a phenomenon! This discussion is useful for me, I will be researching for my three or five flags and post once I think I know more or have a plan on how to move on.

Reactions: troubled soul
Business setup, I prefer again a Swiss AG which is setup in Zug if possible, in order to get the lowest possible corporate tax

The lowest CIT in Switzerland is in Meggen 11.3% (Canton Lucerne).

However i would not setup in Meggen but in Wollerau (Canton Schwyz) because even if the CIT is slightly higher (11.7%) the personal income tax rates are the lowest of Switzerland (even lower than Baar)

Take a look here at the Switzerland tax rates for 2021

Reactions: tacokai
The lowest CIT in Switzerland is in Meggen 11.3% (Canton Lucerne).

However i would not setup in Meggen but in Wollerau (Canton Schwyz) because even if the CIT is slightly higher (11.7%) the personal income tax rates are the lowest of Switzerland (even lower than Baar)

Take a look here at the Switzerland tax rates for 2021
that is very helpful. Thank you for the information. It is first time I see something explaining the taxes in Switzerland like this.
It's all good, but never forget you should aim to grab another passport other than your main one, especially if your main one is from EU, USA etc.
so consider that when you planting your flags.
let's say second flag will be Switzerland, what passport would you go for if your current is EU ?

Reactions: aage
First Flag: Luxembourg
Second Flag: Lichtenstein
Third Flag: Curacao

That would be my perfect setup. I'm not 100% certain that it's optimal should the EU be a prison in the near future.

First Flag: Austria / Swiss
Second Flag: HKSAR(PRC)
Third Flag: UAE

Austria seems to have good privacy laws regarding nationality and it's quite stable. A perfect passport IMO.

HK because if anything happens between the PRC & the west, you can kind of choose where to go I guess?

UAE because you are very privileged around the gulf if you are a citizen (from what I've heard) and because of its tax laws.

they are EU not just Europe!

aren't they part of the EU but you still find them interesting?
Just because a country is in the EU does not necessarily make its passport unattractive, especially to people born outside the EU who never had a residency there (and therefore no tax obligations).

Some small EU nations are very low profile. Some EU nations have decent tax laws and low effective tax rates. Some EU nations are even fairly conservative and push back against the EU technocrats (e.g., Poland and Hungary). So, it is a very fact specific matter that requires a case-by-case analysis.

specially to people born outside the EU who never had a residency there (and therefore no tax obligations).
that may be the difference looking at the situation. You can actually benefit from moving into some EU countries as an foreigner if you get a job there. Lower tax than their own citizens :D

Some small EU nations are very low profile. Some EU nations have decent tax laws and low effective tax rates. Some EU nations are even fairly conservative and push back against the EU technocrats (e.g., Poland and Hungary). So, it is a very fact specific matter that requires a case-by-case analysis.
They may do, but they will struggle long term, sooner or later the EU will punish them and eat them if they don't comply.

Europe always score high in all passport indexes.
A new index ranks Luxembourg as the top passport in the world for aspiring global citizens.
Nearly 85% of the places in the top 30 list are in Europe.
What’s notable, said Henderson, is that countries like Malta, Iceland and Slovakia — places “that people don’t often talk about” in terms of passport strength — hold their own against powerhouses such as Italy and Germany. They also score above countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia and United States.
Australia was docked points for restricting its citizens from entering the country during the pandemic, said Henderson.

Reactions: RealDude
they are EU not just Europe!
An EU citizenship is quite good. That's why I included other citizenships so that if anything happens, you can start naturalizing in another country outside the EU. Or you just don't care and don't comply with whatever BS they push out, if you're out of the EU they'd have a way harder time doing that.

Austria considers nationality an "official secret" (e.g. they don't disclose that status) and a bunch of other stuff so, that's why I included it :) but there are probably other countries which do this kind of stuff, I just haven't found all of them.