Our valued sponsor

Handling "change-of-beneficial-owner" type documents myself

theta

Feb 17, 2019
Visit site
I recently used a provider to create an offshore company (Seychelles) together with a business partner.

We now need to transfer Beneficial Owner and Director to myself.

The provider is charging £200+£175 for this, which seems rather a lot for what I imagine is no more than filing of documents.

Can I simply do it myself?

They have provided me with 3 documents (that I've had to substantially rewrite)

1. "Declaration of Change of Beneficial Owner" which needs to be signed by myself and my business partner and notarised.

2. Director resignation + Director Appointment + minutes

3. Notice of Beneficial Ownership, addressed to "The registered agent..." followed by the address of the company (which has been set by the provider)

Can anyone tell me,what is going on here?

I'm each country has some "Companies House" equivalent, and that one or more of these documents must be sent (maybe only 1., as that is the only one that is required to be notarised). But maybe the others can just be held internally by the company. So do I need to go through the provider for this?

Ultimately I would like to get a handle on doing this from scratch. As a software engineer by training, I have an instinct to dig into the source code.

You want to let your provider do it since you will need a new set of incorporation documents in order to get this right.

I do happen to have the following documents from them:

- Articles of association
- Certificates of incorporation
- Memorandum of association
- Register of directors, Register of members

Also they have given me the letters to sign. Can I post the letters directly to some authority in Seychelles and avoid the £375 fee?

Really I'm interested in having the flexibility and control to make my own changes to my company structure directly.

Is there anything the provider has that I don't have?

Do I need to keep paying the provider annual fees? If so, why? They are providing the address of the company -- a location in Seychelles. Is this the only reason?

The register of members and directors should be at the registered office, so you can send it to your agent at the registered office. I assume they are the ones wanting to charge you so I think there's no way around that.

Ah ok.

So, for the record, I'm going to take the advice and pay the fees. I don't want to get myself in a tangle at this early stage.

Out of curiosity, how would one start from scratch?
Suppose I were to own a property in Seychelles (say).
I could make this the registered office for my company, I suppose.
Now where do all these documents go, if I wish to skip any intermediary?

Do experienced offshore company owners do this? Or do they stick with the intermediary?

Ah ok.

So, for the record, I'm going to take the advice and pay the fees. I don't want to get myself in a tangle at this early stage.

Out of curiosity, how would one start from scratch?
Suppose I were to own a property in Seychelles (say).
I could make this the registered office for my company, I suppose.
Now where do all these documents go, if I wish to skip any intermediary?

Do experienced offshore company owners do this? Or do they stick with the intermediary?
The offshore companies requires a registered agent, not only the address

Latest Threads