Our valued sponsor

HMRC Sucks

yngmind

Mentor Group Gold
Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
Why HMRC sucks so hard?

I have received penalties because I didn't submit my self-assessment returns, and then I contacted them to dispute it.

It's been a year, and they haven't reviewed my letters.

My accountant spent three weeks to reach out to them. Sometimes, they take phone calls, but they hang up if they don't know how to help you.

It was a horrible experience. I had to pay lots of fees because of them, and they told me I couldn't close down my company until they allowed me.

You can check their Trustpilot reviews. I'm not the one person who struggles. Hmrc is rated "Bad" with 1.2 / 5 on Trustpilot

Because of HMRC, I don't want to have a UK company and don't recommend it to anyone. It's a nightmare.

The IRS is highly efficient. Yeah, you can wait 30 minutes in line, but with HMRC, you can wait a year, and they don't even check your documents.

• Angry
Reactions: khinkali
But I was always told the UK is one of the best countries in the world to run a business thanks to their streamlined and painless company creation and maintenance system. Was I lied to?

Companies House is OK. Company creation is a breeze.

It's HMRC who can be a nightmare. They even planned to close their self-assessment phone hotline for a six month per year "summer break", reduce the VAT hotline to 5 days per month and entirely refuse any calls relating to PAYE refunds. It was a major news scandal and they reversed the policy, but that doesn't mean you'll actually get any useful help from them.

yngmind saidt it, HMRC Sucks. I'm almost grateful, maybe I'd not have left the UK if it wasn't for my experiences with them.

What did you think - their name gives it away HMRC = His Majesties Royal Cunts.

It's HMRC who can be a nightmare. They even planned to close their self-assessment phone hotline for a six month per year "summer break", reduce the VAT hotline to 5 days per month and entirely refuse any calls relating to PAYE refunds. It was a major news scandal and they reversed the policy, but that doesn't mean you'll actually get any useful help from them.

yngmind saidt it, HMRC Sucks. I'm almost grateful, maybe I'd not have left the UK if it wasn't for my experiences with them.
They once sent me a 400 pound fine for not filing corporate taxes for a company that was dormant - only once - never had to file again but then again it was dormant I guess they put a note on the system or perhaps they forgot about the company - mind that was before everything went digital.

What did you think - their name gives it away HMRC = His Majesties Royal Cunts.

They once sent me a 400 pound fine for not filing corporate taxes for a company that was dormant - only once - never had to file again but then again it was dormant I guess they put a note on the system or perhaps they forgot about the company - mind that was before everything went digital.
Did you pay it? It's impossible to dispute the fine with them.

But I was always told the UK is one of the best countries in the world to run a business thanks to their streamlined and painless company creation and maintenance system. Was I lied to?
We've all been lied to.

I agree. The issue is with HMRC, not the company's house.

HMRC is a joke.

the most funny thing is that those idiots hmrc hide their real address

Yeah ofcourse - never argue with the mafia
Agree, all over Europe the same. I would really like to find a place left here where the tax authorities behave nice towards people bringing business to the country.