Our valued sponsor

How are you protecting your FIAT money from Inflation?

Business and personal profits, money in the bank basically.
How are you guys protecting it other than the usual Crypto/Gold/Currency diversification?

Going all in Crypto is just nuts and risky, it's okay to have 30-40% of your net worth in Crypto but other than that,
people with a lot of cash in the bank, how are you protecting it from the very near hyper inflation which is pretty much coming to all currencies?

(USD/AUD/EUR/GBP are pretty much debasing against Real Estate, Crypto and Gold, and these are at all times high now, so what are you investing in? )

Reactions: Frank in Bangkok
Business and personal profits, money in the bank basically.
How are you guys protecting it other than the usual Crypto/Gold/Currency diversification?

Going all in Crypto is just nuts and risky, it's okay to have 30-40% of your net worth in Crypto but other than that,
people with a lot of cash in the bank, how are you protecting it from the very near hyper inflation which is pretty much coming to all currencies?

(USD/AUD/EUR/GBP are pretty much debasing against Real Estate, Crypto and Gold, and these are at all times high now, so what are you investing in? )
im very nuts and risky.

I am currently 100% in income producing real estate having exited the bond market. The income goes into other investments in non-western markets currently.

P.S Inflation is a much lower concern to me personally. I am more concerned abut protecting myself from geopolitical risks i.e war, arbitrary sanctions, confiscation, blacklisting etc.

because it involves enormous counter party and regulatory risk?
sure thing for frictionless transactions where volatility of bitcoin might be a problem of either side
You need to take the time to read “great taking” - perhaps then you’ll realize the risk you have outside of crypto rails - perhaps then you’ll realise the beauty of stablecoins and the ability to react 24/7/365

other than the usual Crypto/Gold/Currency diversification?
Are there any other ways? There's nothing out there other than Bitcoin and gold to some extent that can protect your money. I'd say land but you never know when they decide to build a new road and abandon the old one, killing any potential business, happened to me.

Reactions: Frank in Bangkok
This was proven when Silicon went under - USDC traded downwards yes - but the bank depositors would have been entirely fucked as they couldn’t access their accounts and had the Fed not stepped in they’d have lost anything not protected - the only reason UsDC de priced so heavily was due to the sheer amount of backed reserves stuck inside of Silicon at the time.

Otherwise 80/90 etc cent on the dollar is better than 5-15cent on the dollar some of the Silicon Valley startups would have been left with from a traditional bank protection scheme - and bare in mind there’s only like a couple of hundred billion actually there to backstop depositors funds…

Reactions: JackAlabama
Are there any other ways? There's nothing out there other than Bitcoin and gold to some extent that can protect your money. I'd say land but you never know when they decide to build a new road and abandon the old one, killing any potential business, happened to me.
Gold has lost roughly 4% pa to currency debasement since 2013 (until 2023)

Real Estate 2.5%

S&P flat

Nasdaq +6%
Crypto +32
To put into perspective once a stablecoin depegs cause of underlying value being gone you have few minutes to save your capital. Then you are instantly -20/30%. So yeah it’s liquid but you need to be always alert with your cold wallet in hand
Again advise great taking - and addition researching just how much back stop there is to banks customer funds in a event of a collapse - I.e how much is available - as it’s about a few hundred billion.

Currently 120 ish billion backstop for the entire US banking industry

342$ per American

“Oh but the Goverment will step in”
- Goverment then debases ~ fixed supply assets rises rapidly ~ variable goods/services costs inflate gradually.

Oh and the “risk stable coin” argument is mute on that point when you get that protection for the following reasons.

- you have the funds immediately rather than awaiting FDIC or Gov action which is slow but in the mean time “fixed supply assets rapidly rise” and “variable assets gradually increase”.

Meaning you get more spending power quicker even if you take a haircut.

Last edited:
Gold has lost roughly 4% pa to currency debasement since 2013 (until 2023)

Real Estate 2.5%

S&P flat

Nasdaq +6%
Crypto +32

Again advise great taking - and addition researching just how much back stop there is to banks customer funds in a event of a collapse - I.e how much is available - as it’s about a few hundred billion.

Currently 120 ish billion backstop for the entire US banking industry

342$ per American

“Oh but the Goverment will step in”
- Goverment then debases ~ fixed supply assets rises rapidly ~ variable goods/services costs inflate gradually.

Oh and the “risk stable coin” argument is mute on that point when you get that protection for the following reasons.

- you have the funds immediately rather than awaiting FDIC or Gov action which is slow but in the mean time “fixed supply assets rapidly rise” and “variable assets gradually increase”.

Meaning you get more spending power quicker even if you take a haircut.

Everything that I am writing is based on last year's Usdc incident. You sadly only get spending power for couple minutes. Then haircut is inevitable and depending on how big the loss event is the bigger the haircut. At the end of the day if the spending power is 20% of your capital then its s**t. I still hold stablecoins but lets be realistic

Reactions: Marketint
I am currently 100% in income producing real estate having exited the bond market. The income goes into other investments in non-western markets currently.

P.S Inflation is a much lower concern to me personally. I am more concerned abut protecting myself from geopolitical risks i.e war, arbitrary sanctions, confiscation, blacklisting etc.
What are those other investments?

Good question, but, in my opinion, inflation is only half of the question.
The other half is protecting your assets against confiscation (by government).
(Maybe called, "bail in", maybe "frozen" account pending detailed information, but confiscation it is.)

Rather than things, I'm looking at services:
  1. Do not need to be bought and sold, carried or stored.
  2. Not easily seen, or at least, do not appear as valuable assets.
  3. Can change location quickly and easily (unlike real estate).
  4. Does not require access to the Internet.
In another thread on this forum I suggested two possibilities for such services.
Now that I'm thinking in these terms, I'm starting to see lots more options, but still "thru a glass darkly" at this time.

If I had to decide today, I would buy certain kinds of small tools that could be carried in, say, a single duffle bag.
Then later ... as the tsunami of inflation-confiscation arrived ... I would look around for exactly what to do with those tools.

What are those other investments?

As I said in other threads if you ultimately want to protect your wealth you invest in land, art and gold hap¤#" . However OP may not have the same time frame as I do for protecting purchasing power for future generations.

Reactions: JohnLocke
As I said in other threads if you ultimately want to protect your wealth you invest in land, art and gold hap¤#"
OP I would follow this advise if you don't have any better alternatives in place.

Latest Threads