Our valued sponsor

Question How do you entice customers not to use PayPal?

Sean Restling

Apr 11, 2019
Visit site
I admittedly add 4% to PayPal payments, and still most clients prefer to pay via PayPal as I guess they feel safer to pay long distance with that as it gives them more guarantees. After so many years no one has come close to defy PayPal's monopoly, despite its high fees and outrageous currency rates :(

Remove the option from your website. If you got a good enough product people will find a way to pay by alternative means.

Promote other payments first, and put PayPal at the bottom of your list of payment methods or hide it behind more clicks. Make it inconvenient to pick PayPal.

A lot of people pay with PayPal because they can top up PayPal with their preferred local payment methods. If you know where your customers are from, offer those payment methods directly if you can.

Reactions: benbao
I admittedly add 4% to PayPal payments, and still most clients prefer to pay via PayPal as I guess they feel safer to pay long distance with that as it gives them more guarantees. After so many years no one has come close to defy PayPal's monopoly, despite its high fees and outrageous currency rates :(
Did you try to increase the fee? Maybe try 8 or 10%, or a fixed fee

Latest Threads