Our valued sponsor

How to better send money to Argentina for living?

I guess it must be illegal in some way however he declares the costs in another country and he said his accountant didn't even have another option that to use the official rate :)

beautiful example where regulations lead
The classic of those countries, for example people have been doing the same in Venezuela for more than a decade (they get USD cash abroad and go again to the country to sell it at a higher price)... It's still ilegal but everybody do it and as soon as you are ok with bribing the next auditor everything is ok, that's how destroyed economies work

I have some remote job and I'm currently in Brazil. I'm not a Brazilian. I plan to visit Argentina and stay there for around several months.

Q: How would I better manage sending or spending money in Argentina to take advantage of the black dollar market? And generally, to avoid unnecessary rate conversions, fees...

* I can't buy dollars in Brazil because, first, I won't be able to buy enough all at once; secondly, the rate in Brazil, I guess would be bad - I'll be able to find dollars easily at all; thirdly, I don't want to carry around too much of dollars.

* Therefore, what would I do if not buy dollars in Brazil? Bring some BRL and change them in Argentina? Again, I never use cash even in Brazil and the same problem as with with dollars, mentioned above, would arrise.

* Paying by card or withdraing cash in Argentina from my card -- this would be the worst case, in terms of fees and exchange rate. Correct?

* What else? Sending myself some money, every 1-2 weeks, via Western Union, perhaps? Can I send dollars AND receive dollars? If not, which rate, low or black one, would WU use? This might be the best option
Why not take crypto with you and exchange it.

Latest Threads