Our valued sponsor

How to buy a car as a non-resident in the EU

Where's a good country to buy an automobile as an EU non-resident?

Could I do this in Netherlands or Germany?

Could a company offer me the ability to do so? If so any recommended setups for low cost and ease

I want to travel Europe and work remotely

See below thread.

Where's a good country to buy an automobile as an EU non-resident?

I would say Gibraltar:

To register a vehicle on your personal name in the EU you have to get residency somewhere, the other way is setting up a company or a foundation.

Bulgaria is often used and probably the cheapest in terms of company setup and insurance if you have an EU passport you can even find service providers to get you a residency card so you can put it in your personal name.

There are some alternatives like tourist plates so you can register it in your personal name for example Andorra and Gibraltar like Martin Everson said.

Depending on how long your stay will be you can also choose to register the car with German export plates which can be valid for a whole year but are kind of expensive.

I bought a car in Portugal last year without being a resident. Super simple. You will need a local tax number, but it is easy to obtain and you do need a local address to register the car to, but beyond that it was not an issue at all that I am not a resident.

Latest Threads