Our valued sponsor

How to fly with cash

Are you saying that one needs to declare also within EU? The page i linked says one needs to declare entering or leaving EU.

Even if your cash is 100% white snow :
I would not trust the link you mentionned and would dig for more official sources of infos.
I will enquiry my local Customs office (airport - harbour - land head quater). And most probably enquriy the custom at Arrival destination with EU.

Problems : some EU states/Customs will not apply EU regulations => they apply domestic regulation.
If no proof of origin of cash 100K or 1M : difficult / problem.

Once in germany, no banks will allow you to deposit such amount without proof of origin and more certified "papers" causing the purpose of the money.

In my case : I always declare over limit cash at Arrival. I prefer to spend 2 hours with Customs Agents filling forms and waiting, but clearing customs at arrival with full proof of the funds in that new territory !!!

Declaring over limit at Arrival you respect the rules, usually no problems with the Customs Agents.
Not declaring and get stopped : you did not respect the rules, then start problems with the Customs Agent.

But

If cash is BIG, + grey to dark : Italia, Germany, Fr, several unformal groups (some muslim, some from Eastern EU States) and mafia groups provide big cash travel services accross several countries/continents. I can't help....

Last 2 years was an active muslim group providing big cash travel to Casablanca - Marocco. Cash departure from EU was automaticaly landing in "shady" bank of Casa. with new hard currency bank account at your name... I can't help....

Even if your cash is 100% white snow :
I would not trust the link you mentionned and would dig for more official sources of infos.
I will enquiry my local Customs office (airport - harbour - land head quater). And most probably enquriy the custom at Arrival destination with EU.

Problems : some EU states/Customs will not apply EU regulations => they apply domestic regulation.
If no proof of origin of cash 100K or 1M : difficult / problem.

Once in germany, no banks will allow you to deposit such amount without proof of origin and more certified "papers" causing the purpose of the money.

In my case : I always declare over limit cash at Arrival. I prefer to spend 2 hours with Customs Agents filling forms and waiting, but clearing customs at arrival with full proof of the funds in that new territory !!!

Declaring over limit at Arrival you respect the rules, usually no problems with the Customs Agents.
Not declaring and get stopped : you did not respect the rules, then start problems with the Customs Agent.

But

If cash is BIG, + grey to dark : Italia, Germany, Fr, several unformal groups (some muslim, some from Eastern EU States) and mafia groups provide big cash travel services accross several countries/continents. I can't help....

Last 2 years was an active muslim group providing big cash travel to Casablanca - Marocco. Cash departure from EU was automaticaly landing in "shady" bank of Casa. with new hard currency bank account at your name... I can't help....

The EU rules in the link i posted states that there's no limit + no need to declare, within EU.
About Morocco, well it's Morocco.

But i'll try to check with local customs

Upon further investigation, it seems rules are different in each country, despite the EU regulation.
I now wonder what happens if i declare the money.
Where will these information be sent or shared with?

Correct rules are different in each country ;);)
When you cross borders EU states with 50ke showing good proof of origin and good reasons to do so.
There is no given or sharing informations with Police or Tax man or such kind of things.
Customs Agents declare to Central Bank incoming or outgoing : amount and types of bank notes.
Why : because central bank of each state monitor the flow of bank notes available or not any more available in that particular state. Same in foreign countries.
It is legal to cross borders with over limit cash.
Illegal to do it when you don't decalre it o_O

-------
I give you one story for real : I used to know one EU wholesaler for Truffles. Buying in France and Italy. Truffles Vendors take exclusively cash. At the sale season the wholesaler, each week, was on the track, on the roads, or at the truffles markets to buy 50 to 70ke of Truffles 100% cash. Each time he cross a border : he declares. Never had any worries.

Latest Threads