Our valued sponsor

How to incorporate simple Cyprus company (no business activity, just paperworks)?

Hi guys,

I'm EU citizen and I would like to set up Cyprus company myself. Maybe ask help consultants (recommendations?) along the way, but at first i want to learn and try do it myself.

The company - I will not actually use the company, so no business activity, just paperworks. At the end, all I need is just papers (Certificate) with the company and people (me) associated with it. Just the paperworks which I could download and re-send to someone just to verify I'm the owner and associated with it.

After that, I may just aband the company or just pay maintenance fees if they are reasonable.

Questions:

1. Approximate cost of incorporation?
2. Approximate cost of maintenance?
3. What is the first step I should take, simply the specific official website I should enter to start the proccess (and try figure it out later)?

Reactions: CyprusLawyer101
Do you hate yourself? Are you a masochist? If the answer to both questions is no, then don't as a foreigner not speaking Greek try to set up a company in Cyprus on your own, especially if you don't live there.

It's not that it's impossible. It's just not something people do because the process is (unnecessarily) complicated and there is a large selection of good service providers that can do all the hard work for you. If you come from almost anywhere else in EU, the incorporation process in Cyprus will be jarring.

When you calculate the cost, factor in how much time you are losing.

If you do it all yourself and have an address in Cyprus you can use as the company's address, a few hundred EUR in total for the various fees.

Currently, all companies in Cyprus must undergo an annual audit. With that cost and other fixed fees, it'll be around 1,000 EUR all in all. Maybe a little less if you really spend hours and days looking for the cheapest possible auditor.

A change is coming in 2023 that will let small companies avoid audit and instead go for a simplified assurance procedure. I haven't seen the costs for those yet.

3. What is the first step I should take, simply the specific official website I should enter to start the proccess (and try figure it out later)?
The information is a quick Google search away. Look for results under the .gov.cy domain. It will take you lead you down the rabbit hole.

Reactions: detaipi
Hi guys,

I'm EU citizen and I would like to set up Cyprus company myself. Maybe ask help consultants (recommendations?) along the way, but at first i want to learn and try do it myself.

The company - I will not actually use the company, so no business activity, just paperworks. At the end, all I need is just papers (Certificate) with the company and people (me) associated with it. Just the paperworks which I could download and re-send to someone just to verify I'm the owner and associated with it.

After that, I may just aband the company or just pay maintenance fees if they are reasonable.

Questions:

It is not possible to incorporate and operate a company by yourself.

(a) It is a statutory requirement that a lawyer prepares the documentation etc.

(b) It is a statutory requirement that you have a secretary that is Cyprus resident.

(c) You need a registered address in Cyprus.

(d) In order to create substance it is suggested that a Cyprus nominee director is used - otherwise if the company's tax residency is challenged then I assume it defeats the purpose of setting up a Cyprus company.

(e) Annual audit (of as Sols mentioned audit review) will be required - so again you need professionals in Cyprus.

(f) There are a number of procedures that need to physically take place in Cyprus.

Happy to PM you to discuss but as a starting point you need to understand that setting up and operating a Cyprus company without a lawyer and an auditor it's impossible.

What is the minimum wage for a secretary and nominee director in Cyprus?
There is no requirement for a director or secretary to receive a salary. Therefore in the event you will have a nominee director and secretary rhe payment will be the fee agreed between you and the provider.

If on the other hand you will hire a full time employee then minimum salary requirements will be passed in Cyprus in the next few months.

Happy to PM you to discuss

Latest Threads