Our valued sponsor

How to know if an offshore company incorporator/agent is trustable?

pesto

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jan 30, 2011
Spain
Visit site
The title says it all.

I have made lot of good and bad expirience with online /Internet companies around in different industries on my way to build my business.

The general guidelines (from my experience) are:

- Does the offshore company agent's website show full company details?

If yes, it is a good sign, try to goole that address to see what comes up

- Does they display a phone / fax number to contact them?

If so, try call the number and see if someone pick up the phone

- Do they have any of these trust seals on their website, likeVerisign, GeoTrust or Thawte protected?

If yes, thats good, it means that someone has already made some investigation on that company and proved them valid.

Are there any honest negative or good reviews if you google them? I don't mean such **** which obviously comes from competitors? - If there are ant negative reviews check if they look valid, how many different posters are engaging in the negative part and how many in the positive (if any).

Finally if they have a real office address and you can afford it, visit them :)

Why not include that you better go and visit the offshore company agent before you place the order?

My personal opinion is that if the guy on the other end respond to me professional and always is online and most time available for a chat then I sleep well. In some case I asked for a quote from a company and waited 3 months in order to see if they continue pinging me and if they are still in business. Also I never deal with unknown brand new companies, a look at the domain will tell you how new they are, this and a google search will help you. a domain from 2001 with less than 3000 google entries means fake & stay away :)

Reactions: pesto
custody said:
Some good suggestions but wouldn't you agree with me that the best would be to visit the office of the offshore company agent?
Agree! The reason for why I'm posting here is that I had a great expirience with the operator of this forum and this forum was actually the reason for why I trusted them, odd right :D

hmmm, you can visit them at any time, also check how and how fast they respond to your enquiries, does it sounds like rubbish what they reply with or has the recipient actually read your e-mail or IM!

Yeah always visit the agent that want to incorproate your offshore company, also even if you only have to pay $100 for the 15 pages you receive then it is better to visit them and spend $2000 to travel to the other end of the earth... lol

Mail, Skype and phone the provider and see how they respond. Do they respond directly to your questions or does the reply looks like a auto answer, does the agent ask you about your goals, business and other important information he must know in order to suggest you the right solution... these are things you want to be aware of.

Securing a tax free (or tax reduced) generation shift for family owned corporations. This can be a very complicated transactions / process if not planned well.

Well if they have a forum like this one to interact with their customers they are 50% more turstworthy than thus who hide behind a website with no address or contact details or where both is faked!

Reactions: henrick
sebastian said:
Well if they have a forum like this one to interact with their customers they are 50% more turstworthy than thus who hide behind a website with no address or contact details or where both is faked!
Agree, if they have a forum, live chat, phone number and real office they are legit ,defiantly:whistle:

Gekko said:
The title says it all.
I have made lot of good and bad expirience with online /Internet companies around in different industries on my way to build my business.

The general guidelines (from my experience) are:

- Does the offshore company agent's website show full company details?

If yes, it is a good sign, try to goole that address to see what comes up

- Does they display a phone / fax number to contact them?

If so, try call the number and see if someone pick up the phone

- Do they have any of these trust seals on their website, likeVerisign, GeoTrust or Thawte protected?

If yes, thats good, it means that someone has already made some investigation on that company and proved them valid.

Are there any honest negative or good reviews if you google them? I don't mean such **** which obviously comes from competitors? - If there are ant negative reviews check if they look valid, how many different posters are engaging in the negative part and how many in the positive (if any).

Finally if they have a real office address and you can afford it, visit them :)
This is some great advise I hope most will follow it.