Our valued sponsor

Question How to learn dropshipping

Conversion

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
I didn't expect to open this kind of topic here when I signed up, but here we go. I see that there are successful dropshippers here in this forum, unless they lie :)

I'm a web dev. Helped many ecommerce websites over the years, and I have an expertise in the field. I saw many successful ecommerce websites (with some of them over $2M of yearly revenue), but not even once a successful dropshipping business.

I'm interested in trying this seriously (setting up a dropshipping site), since I have web dev and design knowledge, and I know highly qualified freelancers. It's easy for me to create a professional convincing website, that converts well.

The problem: despite my experience, I can't seem to find any decent material on where to learn dropshipping. All I find online is pure noise, and courses sold by kids that tell you how to use the most basic tools and pretend to sell get-rich-quick schemes.

My main issue is how to bring traffic to the site. I can invest $$ in traffic, but not sure how not to waste money in this process, and how much is necessary.

What is your experience with this business model? What would you do to learn if you had to start over? Any good book that would be valid to at least to start getting decent traffic (5000-10000 unique visitors per month)?

I would avoid amazon at first since I would like to create a solid brand first, and since it's easy for me to create a website. I have an idea of the category of products to sell. I also tried this years ago, but failed to stick to it due to a lack of traffic despite I had an IG profile with 3000 followers interested in the niche.

Any advice from an expert that has direct experience in this is appreciated, thanks.

As a web developer you should know that traffic is about all about SEO, and good compelling content, press release, blog posts, link building in general, and of course sadly paid advertising is important such as google ads and especially Facebook these days. Why not get on Amazon and Ebay? list all your products there and also link your drop shipping site this could be a great wat to drive hoards of free traffic to your website fuelling more sales. The hardest task people are usually faced with in the drop shipping industry these days are product selection and also being competitive with price, however you can be priced a little more if you offer some value like 24.7 customer support compared to your competitors.

If you are completely new to dropshipping. Then I would recommend dropshipping on marketplaces like Ebay and Facebook Marketplace. Don't start from shopify or having your own ecom site

The good thing is that you don't have to invest in traffic and advertising because it's already there. And you can start with a very small budget. The downside is that you have to abide by their rules which could be always changing and you have to start very slowly. Don't expect too many profits in the first 3 months.

If you want to learn more about dropshipping on FBMP or Ebay. Youtube is a good place to start.

Reactions: troubled soul
Not sure if it's still relevant. But leadgen is the main route people go with, from what I see. FB, Instagram targeted ads, or TikTok recently as it's much much cheaper and less restrictive, doesn't ban randomly (at least as much I think) as Meta.

The trick is audience research and testing. Testing products, different audiences, different creatives (ads), spending $10-50-100 on 1-10 ads targeted at 1-3 audiences with one product.

I haven't done dropshipping, but have done leadgen and leadgen for CPA (Cost Per Action, affiliate marketing) Partner Programs, and it's done through targeted ads mostly.

Though, there are new wave of people who get traffic organically from YouTube Shorts, TikTok, Instagram Reels. But I'm pretty sure you should know what you're doing to be getting real results with that.

And if you have gotten into dropshipping since the original post was published, and had some successes, would love to hear about your experience and how you did it.

Reactions: NewMorty

Latest Threads