Our valued sponsor

How to open a merchant in my country

Can't you make use of Paypal, Moneybookers, 2co.com or any of the many other 3rd party billers?

Is this a startup business?

Yes. This is a startup business. E-commerce in my country is at the beginning when it comes about card payments. We only have a major card processor called epayment and some small ones.

Romanian online store prefer romanian solution for implementation.

Thanks a lot if you have any suggestion.

I would recommend you to look at 2co.com or some 3rd party biller (find a reliable one) before you apply for your own merchant account. The reason is that it will be very complicated to apply for a merchant account with a startup business, that dosen't mean that it is impossible but you won't get any good conditions nor low fees and rates. Building up a 6 months processing history with a 3rd party biller may be the best to start with.

Sorry, but I think you didn't understood my question. I was wanted to know how to open a payment processor, so a business similar 2co.com but which will activate only in my country. I was not refering how to open a merchant for an online store, or something. Thank you.

Sorry for that, to start your own payment service provider business is requiring a lot, starting from PCI certification (Level 1) to establish a whole organization including real office, staff and a lot of experience in this business, the most important is to have plenty of capital available (EURO 100k +) there are various information available on the Internet which you may read and learn from before you go further.

Let it be said, it is not easy to get started and without lots of capital you should not at all consider this.

Robinn said:
yeh paypal is the better option..
I don't think he is looking for a payment processor, he want to be a processor :)

Dmer said:
Exactly, I'm looking to start my own payment processor.
That's cool, may I ask how much money / capital you have available? What is your expirience in this business? Do you have staff in place and knowledge about the current PCI regulations?