Our valued sponsor

How to pay for Scottish LP confirmation statement - I do not have a UK cheque book

dunduk

Apr 27, 2018
Visit site
Hello!

I have to pay 17 pounds by cheque along with Scottish LP confirmation form. It looks like that the Companies House does not accept any other form of payment (please correct me if I am wrong on it). I do not not have a UK bank account or a cheque book. The company which opened the LP for me do not want to help me. I found a company which can do it for 60 pounds, but it is a lot for basically nothing. Is there a simple way to send them the cheque?

Many thanks in advance

It looks like that the Companies House does not accept any other form of payment
Did you ask them and how do you paid them?

Who is using cheques today!

I think you can pay by Card or PayPal if you do webfiling online (see 3:32 timestamp in demo video).

No apologies necessary James, I'm actually sorry to bother regarding this matter but it's becoming urgent so I would love to hear what you suggest in order for me to send the £17 along with the confirmation statement. I'm afraid I can't DM here, maybe because I'm a new user? Can I write you an email to the email address where I wrote already? That would be easier to send my number where your corporate Dept can give me a call. Thank you very much, really appreciate what you are doing for me!

Not sure what ability to do this is in your country but.... Another easy way for you to do this will be to go to your personal bank and ask for a bank cheque drawn in a foreign currency.

I did this in Australia for a UK Companies House fee - I went to my Aussie bank and asked for a British pound cheque for the amount Companies House required and my bank printed me one on the spot. Yes there is sometimes a fee but in reality it's such an easy way to get through this process that it's worth the small fee the bank will charge. Then I just posted the UK cheque and the filled out paper form to the UK via airmail and everything went perfectly smoothly.

Another thing you might consider doing is writing a letter to Companies House that goes in the envelope with your form and cheque, just explaining that you've got a cheque in the correct currency but you've obtained it in another country and you're sorry for the inconvenience. I did this just so they knew I was actually making the effort to comply with all rules/laws and fees.

Reactions: khinkali
Can someone please help with directions on how to write a DM to James? I don't see any button that gives me access to direct messaging, maybe because I'm a new user and that is not allowed until you reach a certain number of posts? Please advise. Thank you.

Once I click the banner and get to this profile page I can write messages but doesn't seem to be a private area as I see messages from other users as well. I have to send him a mobile phone # and I'd rather do that in a private area. Thank you.

Latest Threads