Our valued sponsor

How to pay VAT in Europe from abroad?

I run several ecom websites through my Canadian Company, selling worldwide including some european countries.

Accountants told me I must register a fiscal presence in Germany, sweden, etc... and register for VAT in each individual country (high fees for these registrations).

Is this true? I thought there was the new European union consolidation of all VAT rules in one place without having to register in each and every EU country you sell to.

below a screenshot of what my European lawyer told me, is he RIGHT or WRONG?????????!!!

iScreen Shoter - Google Chrome - 230829123601.jpg

Products are shipped from local suppliers in Europe directly to the customer in Europe.
my Canadian company simply process all payments in and out.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Don't need to register in every single country. Check VAT MOSS
The lawyer is trying to rob you I paid much less to register for VAT in Germany
so did you register with VAT MOSS for all countries or did you only register in Germany for German customers?

I ship physical goods, not digital products... even tho my company doesn't actually ship products, since it's 100% dropshipping.

so did you register with VAT MOSS for all countries or did you only register in Germany for German customers?

I ship physical goods, not digital products...
I was selling on amazon FBA and my goods were stored in Germany so I registered in Germany and through that I registered with VAT MOSS in other EU countries. If I remember well because it was a few years ago
And I paid 150 EUR to register with Vat Germany and 60 EUR monthly for filling VAT in all countries

Reactions: JohnLocke
I was selling on amazon FBA and my goods were stored in Germany so I registered in Germany and through that I registered with VAT MOSS in other EU countries. If I remember well because it was a few years ago
And I paid 150 EUR to register with Vat Germany and 60 EUR monthly for filling VAT in all countries
thanks, so you did this all by yourself without the help of an accountant or book keeper?

Latest Threads