Our valued sponsor

How to use offshore company to pay for business expenses anonymously?

pineapple

Offshore Agent
Advance Member
Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone here have success with using an offshore company to pay for business expenses anonymously? Service providers (e.g. web servers, online advertising - but also expenses not related to internet businesses) can require verification of your personal identity (in addition to identity of the business) using copies of your personal ID, passport, and electricity/utility bill.

Some ask for this up front, others tell you they don't need it but then demand it when your business starts to grow and use more of their service, at which point you're locked in to their service and have to comply in a hurry or they'll cut off your service.

In any case, consuming these business expenses with your personal identity defeats a large part of anonymity. How can a new offshore business protect anonymity when buying and renting things to be used in the business?

Thanks clemens. I didn't realize nominees provide such services, I thought they were just for company registration so that anyone looking in the company registrar would see their name as the owner instead of yours. Is this something all nominees (personal, not corporate as you said) provide, or something you need to ask the nominee before he signs the company documents?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you actually able to contact the nominee director of your company personally? For example to call them and say "I'm signing up for a virtual phone number service and I need to fill in this information on their website to sign up, can you send me these personal details?" I assumed they just sign the company documents at the beginning and that's the last you interact with them.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thanks clemens. I didn't realize nominees provide such services, I thought they were just for company registration so that anyone looking in the company registrar would see their name as the owner instead of yours. Is this something all nominees (personal, not corporate as you said) provide, or something you need to ask the nominee before he signs the company documents?
You ned to check with the nominees before you pick anyone. Most cheap company formation agencies don't offer this service because they simply appoint corporate nominees (companies) so they won't be able to provide such.

If you have a personal / oral nominee director you can get in touch with them and ask for KYC documents and in some cases you are able to let them speak with whoever your doing business with. It depends on the CSP your using for your company formation.

There are no stupid questions.

Will definitely keep this in mind clemens. On /company-forma...mpany-fee.html is 'Private nominee director' what you are referring to, as opposed to 'Corporate nominee director'? Makes sense since the corporate one is half the price, so you're probably paying for that extra level of service by an individual instead of a company.

I also see 'Corporate nominee shareholder', what's the advantage in terms of anonymity (or any other benefits) of having a nominee shareholder in addition to a nominee director, what extra does paying for a nominee shareholder buy you? I thought in Seychelles the company registry is private, so nobody can see the company details anyway right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnLocke
Will definitely keep this in mind clemens. On /company-forma...mpany-fee.html is 'Private nominee director' what you are referring to, as opposed to 'Corporate nominee director'? Makes sense since the corporate one is half the price, so you're probably paying for that extra level of service by an individual instead of a company.
Yes that's what I suggested.. you pay more but get a higher level of privacy and you can work with the nominees.

For a Seychelles company it makes no sense to appoint a nominee shareholder. We did this with one of our corporations but after the first year we took off this service, no need for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you can read alot more about what nominees are and what use they may have for your company here, /forum/articles/59543-nominee-director-and-shareholder

Last edited:
Best would be using a Mexican guy you find and buy his passport copy and a bank statement or in some of the Baltic countries you may find similar people. Once you have these documents you may simply go and setup your business offshore so the banking. It's actually not difficult to get this sorted out.

- but also expenses not related to internet businesses) can require verification of your personal identity (in addition to identity of the business) using copies of your personal ID, passport, and electricity/utility bill.
Would other expenses would that be?

Best would be using a Mexican guy you find and buy his passport copy and a bank statement or in some of the Baltic countries you may find similar people. Once you have these documents you may simply go and setup your business offshore so the banking. It's actually not difficult to get this sorted out.
If that person somehow discovered where the business was incorporated and bank account was set up, couldn't he take over the company since it's all under his name? Exactly like a nominee except nominees wouldn't do this since it's their profession.

Does anyone here have success with using an offshore company to pay for business expenses anonymously? Service providers (e.g. web servers, online advertising - but also expenses not related to internet businesses) can require verification of your personal identity (in addition to identity of the business) using copies of your personal ID, passport, and electricity/utility bill.

Some ask for this up front, others tell you they don't need it but then demand it when your business starts to grow and use more of their service, at which point you're locked in to their service and have to comply in a hurry or they'll cut off your service.

In any case, consuming these business expenses with your personal identity defeats a large part of anonymity. How can a new offshore business protect anonymity when buying and renting things to be used in the business?
You have some great point of view. When I approach an Agent for offshore company formation I ask them for all costs upfront and ask them to confirm there are no other costs or there are they let me know right away.

The point is you have to travel out of town to use the money you earn in the offshore orp It seems to me to be mission impossible to get it out without paying tax if it's a bank transfer or what?

Latest Threads