Our valued sponsor

I got rejected from Verotel after Got accepted

Octagon

Dec 2, 2020
Visit site
Hello

I got a weird situation from verotel.

I applied for a regular business, Not Adult. I got good processing rate. They accepted everything and then out of nowhere, they gave me this response today

Our acquirer has rejected your website based on the following considerations:
- you have applied to multiple processors;
- you were terminated by Stripe;
- you appear on the card schemes match list of higher risk websites;

1. Yes I applyed to multiple processors because no one is accepting my business. How this is even a problem
2. After processing $50k. Stripe decided that our business doesn't match their terms, and they paid out all our money.
3. Why would I be on this list. I had only three charge backs for the whole year.

How they even got all this info??

1. Yes I applyed to multiple processors because no one is accepting my business. How this is even a problem
This is not a problem in and of itself. But if it's combined with high chargebacks or other risk factor, it looks like you're desperate.

2. After processing $50k. Stripe decided that our business doesn't match their terms, and they paid out all our money.
To other processors, that's an indication you might be a difficult merchant.

3. Why would I be on this list. I had only three charge backs for the whole year.
There is something about your website that is high risk. It doesn't have to be because of chargebacks. It can be that you sell something risky or that your company or website has a bad reputation.

Payment processors use various tools to score merchants. Some information is shared between payment processors via these tools.

Thank you @Sols for getting back to me.

I'm not mad, I'm just trying to figure out what is happening so I can come up with a good solution to my current situation

1. I don't have high chargebacks, I just want to know what other high risks I have, so I can fix anyway.

2. What is indication. $50k in a year very is bad?

3. The business itself is "Web Hosting Business" with Legit UK LTD. The website does have everything that is always asked whenever I apply for a PSP (I think I'm going to open a new thread to ask about this type of business)

4. That's bad I guess. How can I work on fixing my score?

The only problem I thought I had is I'm non US or EU Citizen or resident.

1. I don't have high chargebacks, I just want to know what other high risks I have, so I can fix anyway.
There is probably something about the products or services you sell that make you high risk.

2. What is indication. $50k in a year very is bad?
If there is a record of you being terminated for terms of service violation, that's a problem.

3. The business itself is "Web Hosting Business" with Legit UK LTD. The website does have everything that is always asked whenever I apply for a PSP (I think I'm going to open a new thread to ask about this type of business)
Web hosting is considered high risk. It's associated with piracy, VPN hosting (attracts criminals), hosting illegal content, DDOS, and so on.

I'm not saying that's fair or accurate, but that's the reason why web hosting is classified as high risk.

4. That's bad I guess. How can I work on fixing my score?
It's hard to say without knowing the full details (which only the PSPs know). Worst case, you need a whole new company structure. But in many cases, a new URL and a new company will be enough.

Since you didn't have a chargeback problem, you are probably not on any blacklists, just warning lists.

The only problem I thought I had is I'm non US or EU Citizen or resident.
That unfortunately also makes the situation more difficult. Are there any local PSPs you can use to accept international payments?

Its over for you your blacklisted in MATCH database by Stripe. Find a new profession. See below.

Hosting gets more and more difficult.
I have my servers at a big known hosting company in netherlands.
They don't accept CC anymore even from longtime customers.
To be able to receive CC payment there you need to send your governmental ID and have a live check.

However they still have paypal as a solution

Its crazy that you can be MATCH listed if Stripe decides that they dont want to work with you anymore and you perhaps had 1 month with excessive chargebacks months or years back.

To be honest I dont think Stripe adds to MATCH list every time because I’ve had an account which had a bad few months. Then got closed and didnt get added to match list.

The match list is insane though. You are literally fucked for 5 years because u wont be able to process payments. Seems like excessive punishment?

Once you are on the match list it will be with your personal data and information as well with company name.

In the past, 20 years ago, One of my business partners got on that list because of the nature of the business he was involved in. It took 15 years to get off that list and to find some valid payment processor again for complete different business. He got rejected everywhere, there was no escape.

I have no clue how long they keep people on that list but 15 years is way out of space.

Once you are on the match list it will be with your personal data and information as well with company name.

In the past, 20 years ago, One of my business partners got on that list because of the nature of the business he was involved in. It took 15 years to get off that list and to find some valid payment processor again for complete different business. He got rejected everywhere, there was no escape.

I have no clue how long they keep people on that list but 15 years is way out of space.
I wonder if its enough to change name, address and tax id from other country in order to bypass MATCH list. And of course incorporate in a different country/or just new company.

If he was on list for 15 years its crazy. 15 years where you must use "nominees" lol or have a very good network/friends who can own or be a director for you.

There is probably something about the products or services you sell that make you high risk.

If there is a record of you being terminated for terms of service violation, that's a problem.

Web hosting is considered high risk. It's associated with piracy, VPN hosting (attracts criminals), hosting illegal content, DDOS, and so on.

I'm not saying that's fair or accurate, but that's the reason why web hosting is classified as high risk.

It's hard to say without knowing the full details (which only the PSPs know). Worst case, you need a whole new company structure. But in many cases, a new URL and a new company will be enough.

Since you didn't have a chargeback problem, you are probably not on any blacklists, just warning lists.

That unfortunately also makes the situation more difficult. Are there any local PSPs you can use to accept international payments?
today i made a new company and i sent an application for a Stratys, Currenxie and AirWallex in the same time, my AirWallex account got deniend may it be a problem because i sent all the application the same day ?

Its over for you your blacklisted in MATCH database by Stripe. Find a new profession. See below.

So it looks like the best thing to do is never use stripe, to avoid falling in this list

Latest Threads